Kraton Carbon fiber chassis???

DavisBj

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Nero, 4x4-Mega
just wondering if anyone has tried bashing a kraton 6s with a carbon fiber chassis? Or shock towers. Im not even sure if there is a carbon fiber chassis for the kraton 6s, but if like to get one. Mines getting heavy with upgrades.

adidas303

Rocky Mountain High!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Infraction, Limitless, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s
You might be able to find like one off carbon chassis for it on say Ebay. I haven't heard anything myself, JBI and M2C have 7075 aluminum chassis and shock towers that are pretty indestructible! šŸ¤˜

Snoprosledneck88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Outcast 6s, Voltage
just wondering if anyone has tried bashing a kraton 6s with a carbon fiber chassis? Or shock towers. Im not even sure if there is a carbon fiber chassis for the kraton 6s, but if like to get one. Mines getting heavy with upgrades.
I think I remember @Rich Duperbash trying some carbon fiber shock towers and they broke. Granted he really sends his rigs but they didn't take near the punishment his M2C racing towers do. I would think a chassis would break if you're bashing it hard or the bottom would splinter. Those fibers would start to come unwound after it started to wear down.

Sludog

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Kraton 6s, Typhon 6s
Waste of money in my opinion. Stick to aluminum for sure. The word carbon fiber is so overstated these days. A lot of the time the cheap Chinese made parts is just carbon fiber looking tape covering plastic parts. Not just in the RC industry but everywhere. I was really into high end bicycles and I can assure you that all carbon fiber is not the same.

Droste78

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Outcast 4s
Carbon is great for alot of things...something that is supposed to flex is not one...
Waste of money in my opinion. Stick to aluminum for sure. The word carbon fiber is so overstated these days. A lot of the time the cheap Chinese made parts is just carbon fiber looking tape covering plastic parts. Not just in the RC industry but everywhere. I was really into high end bicycles and I can assure you that all carbon fiber is not the same.
It's not the carbon that becomes the problem, it's the resin. Another problem with any composite; most people like the look of composites and leave them unfinished. Most if not all resins used degrade with uv exposure...

DavisBj

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Nero, 4x4-Mega
Tha ks all for the input. I didn't think about the resins degrading over time. And honestly, I'm not going to be raci g but thought about a lightweight chassis option. Great input tho. Ive been wanting the m2c for about a year now. And the towers as well. Just need to do it. My truck really takes a good pounding. I just wish it were lighter without removing upgrades.

Reaction score
Tha ks all for the input. I didn't think about the resins degrading over time. And honestly, I'm not going to be raci g but thought about a lightweight chassis option. Great input tho. Ive been wanting the m2c for about a year now. And the towers as well. Just need to do it. My truck really takes a good pounding. I just wish it were lighter without removing upgrades.
upgrading the motor is a good option for making it seem lighter while driving

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.