Kraton Carbon fiber chassis???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this, and it's amazing 🤯🤯🤯

IMG_20210628_103108884.jpg

IMG_20210628_103102999.jpg

IMG_20210628_103051352.jpg

IMG_20210628_103039123.jpg

Full molded carbon fiber Chassis, from Matt at hotdog customs on the forum here, and I have already bashed it, standing backflips, it flys amazing.

I'd like to see a before and after bash session out in the desert off some big jumps to see how well the carbon holds up. I know from carbon fiber that I had on my cars that any hard impact and it would spider crack. Other than that it's pretty darn strong and would take a BIG impact to REALLY put an actual crack in it. So I could see this holding up, just not aesthetically. Over time it would look pretty nasty but as long as it does its job : )

I think the toughness of carbon fiber is greater than aluminum so before this cracks aluminum will bend pretty sure that's the way it goes, not to mention the weight savings, for me it's perfect I can get a great backflip very easily follow my YouTube channel that's putting my money were my mouth is 🤑
Besides it's a prototype 101 you don't get things done without testing

Last edited:
Some quick research

Screenshot_20210630-164426.png

And if you want to get really specific e-glass fiberglass is actually better than carbon fiber but extremely hard to get a hold of

Whats the weight difference from the stock 6s kraton chassis, to an m2c chassis, to a carbon fiber chassis? I'm curious on the differences as i'm close to getting either a kraton or an outcast. I just know that lighter for bashing is king from experience thus far.

Whats the weight difference from the stock 6s kraton chassis, to an m2c chassis, to a carbon fiber chassis? I'm curious on the differences as i'm close to getting either a kraton or an outcast. I just know that lighter for bashing is king from experience thus far.
m2c = 280grams
Hotdogcustoms carbon = 240grams
Not sure the weight of the stock.

From m2c website:
Stock 3mm chassis 340 grams
M2c 4mm chassis 490 grams

Kraton v5 6s

Sorry my bad i looked at the talion spec. Here is the copy from M2C website.

This chassis is made using 7075-t6 3.25 aluminum and anodized clear. this chassis is made for speed runs and light bashing. It is not made to do big air. Due to the high speeds that these cars can be crashed at. there is no warrentee.

NOT COMPATABLE WITH V5 MODELS WITHOUT MODIFICATION BY USER TO REAR EARS

M2C 3000 4MM CHASSIS WT. 491 GRAMS

M2C 3220 3.25MM 279 GRAMS

https://m2cracing.net/arrma-on-road-234-model/457-m2c-3220-arrma-kraton-speed-chassis.html

I wasn't trying to call you out. The numbers just looked off so I double checked them. The hotdog at 240 is 100 grams lighter than stock and half the weight of m2c. A huge difference imo. I noticed a big difference going from stock to m2c.

I wasn't trying to call you out. The numbers just looked off so I double checked them. The hotdog at 240 is 100 grams lighter than stock and half the weight of m2c. A huge difference imo. I noticed a big difference going from stock to m2c.
All good. Was trying to correct myself.

Yeah I have the Markhor 5mm carbon fiber talion chassis. I expect it to be around 300 grams as I divided the hotdog by 4 to get the grams per mm thickness then added another 5mm to get the weight of my 5mm carbon fiber chassis. Yeah would love to get the hotdog chassis and maybe use my 5mm carbon fiber chassis for jumps.

Sounds like your on top of it. Cf chassis are just too much imo to take a chance on. Although I might be tempted to look into it more when I need to replace the chassis on my noto. Add cf towers and put most of the weight in the wheels. The possibilities are endless

Carbon is great for alot of things...something that is supposed to flex is not one...

It's not the carbon that becomes the problem, it's the resin. Another problem with any composite; most people like the look of composites and leave them unfinished. Most if not all resins used degrade with uv exposure...

I bought these carbon fiber license plate covers off ebay and for not the usual high $$'s.
In a years time they disintegrated.
Get what ya pay for.

Funny all my quadcopters are carbon, hmmmm guess they don't know what there doing either 🤔🤣

I've used lots of CF and Titanium. I've always found it worth it and plenty durable.

I couldn't care less about the bling. I use my cars very hard, pack after pack, and I keep rebuilding until it doesn't break.

Now nothing breaks except tires unless it's user error.

I don't regret the CF or Ti at all.

Most of my M2c stuff sits on a shelf now and I run the good stuff

There are sheets of carbon fiber for $100 and there are the same-sized sheets for $400.
The difference is the quality of the materials used.

Scorched uses the good stuff. I don't know how they make any money selling theirs at the prices they do. Its top shelf stuff.

just wondering if anyone has tried bashing a kraton 6s with a carbon fiber chassis? Or shock towers. Im not even sure if there is a carbon fiber chassis for the kraton 6s, but if like to get one. Mines getting heavy with upgrades.
Yes I have, but I have not heard from manufacturer in awhile, if I felt adventurous I probably could make a tooling mode off the part but, that's a lot of work. It's quite a shame because the chassis I have is f****** fantastic I know other people have had mixed reviews

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back