Typhon Carbon Fiber Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qwin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Has anyone tried out any carbon fiber bits.
Found some shock towers, want to give them a try

Attachments

• IMG_6995.jpg
    IMG_6995.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 212
Will do that
I'm interested in them big time !! I know they won't bend, but might rip off the gearbox case ??
I loved the look of the cnc gearbox cases gka was trying make pity nothing came of them. That's one part I've bought plenty of times.

Parts are well made and fit perfectly. Will keep you posted on how they hold up. They look awesome. Took a few high speed crashes at the track so far.

Waiting on parts to arrive from Germany still. I am anxious also :D

Justin

I know they won't bend, but might rip off the gearbox case ??
That's not a question, it's a fact. I have carbon fiber shock towers for my kraton and they cured the bent tower issue, but transferred that energy to the diff housing. They are a great upgrade as long as you upgrade to the aluminum diff housings at the same time. Otherwise, you'll be in the market for replacement diff housings due to shock tower screws being ripped out of the housing during a crash.

Last edited:
My reason for the carbon fiber shock towers was to shed a little of the weight added by the upgraded hr aluminum diff cups, and cases/bulkheads.

Justin

Put CA on the edges of the cf shock towers and installed.

View attachment 14984
Very nice joostin420. They look very high quality. Is that a "still new looking" V2 Talion or V2 Kraton?

Are these Xtreme Racing shock towers from bruski on ebay? Hopefully you are close to the seller on ebay, as bruski wants too much for shipping to Canada. Or maybe these c/f towers are from maxspeed in Germany on ebay?

Did you use all the 3mm washers just to protect the carbon fiber from the screws, or is your c/f shock tower less than 5mm thick? However, I see you didn't use a washer on the shock bolts or M4 upper hinge pins though?

Last edited:
That's not a question, it's a fact. I have carbon fiber shock towers for my kraton and they cured the bent tower issue, but transferred that energy to the diff housing. They are a great upgrade as long as you upgrade to the aluminum diff housings at the same time. Otherwise, you'll be in the market for replacement diff housings due to shock tower screws being ripped out of the housing during a crash.
I gather you mean transferred energy/stress to the GEARBOX CASE? Was this on V1/V2 gearboxes, as the new HD V3 gearboxes (AR310854) are much stronger and more durable due to the reinforced webbing in the composite material?

If upgrading my shock towers to carbon fiber, it is for both strength and lightweight. I don't want to add all this weight back and possibly more, with aluminum gearboxes. Hopefully the new V3 gearbox will stand up to this extra stress, if using some super stiff carbon fiber shock towers.

Has anyone tried out any carbon fiber bits.
Found some shock towers, want to give them a try
Yes, I bought the towers first...they are great.
About a year later I bought the other part, too.
All three have held up perfectly and had zero installation problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back