Typhon Carbon fiber shock towers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car in fiber? I can only think of one group that has pulled that off!

Good luck!!!! :p

dandd.jpg

Really my dude?? A typo gets you in a ignorant mood?? Don't answer then! You don't know me? And I don't know you ! I'm not with the kid poop !! So let's start this again. I'm here looking to meet new people that's into having fun and helping one another! Is that to much my dude?

Car in fiber? I can only think of one group that has pulled that off!

Good luck!!!! :p

View attachment 13962

Really my dude?? A typo gets you in a ignorant mood?? Don't answer then! You don't know me? And I don't know you ! I'm not with the kid poop !! So let's start this again. I'm here looking to meet new people that's into having fun and helping one another! Is that to much my dude?

Don't worry be happy! :beaver:

Interesting. I have carbon towers on my Tekno SuperLite but for my Typhon I went with the Voltage aluminum. At the time, I was running my Typhon on the track primarily and the carbon towers would possibly be a great way to lose some weight on that car (which in my opinion it needs). But I would be afraid of it breaking in crashes. At least my SL seems to weigh a few pounds less so I don't worry as much. But some of you guys have had good luck with the carbon on the Typhon then?

Interesting. I have carbon towers on my Tekno SuperLite but for my Typhon I went with the Voltage aluminum. At the time, I was running my Typhon on the track primarily and the carbon towers would possibly be a great way to lose some weight on that car (which in my opinion it needs). But I would be afraid of it breaking in crashes. At least my SL seems to weigh a few pounds less so I don't worry as much. But some of you guys have had good luck with the carbon on the Typhon then?

You do not have to worry about the carbon fiber towers breaking. I have yet to break mine from doing botched triple back flips on my talion. I have destroyed my entire rear end, suspension hangers, bent hinge pins, cracked rear bulk heads but the carbon shock tower is still perfect. The first thing that ever broke for me was my stock rear shock tower. I bent it on my very first run from a front flip. 20-30 packs later, I would never go back to aluminum. The carbon fiber has just enough flex

You do not have to worry about the carbon fiber towers breaking. I have yet to break mine from doing botched triple back flips on my talion. I have destroyed my entire rear end, suspension hangers, bent hinge pins, cracked rear bulk heads but the carbon shock tower is still perfect. The first thing that ever broke for me was my stock rear shock tower. I bent it on my very first run from a front flip. 20-30 packs later, I would never go back to aluminum. The carbon fiber has just enough flex
With that in mind, is the carbon fiber tower breaking the bulkhead/diff case then? Not sure I'd prefer that over a bent tower.

With that in mind, is the carbon fiber tower breaking the bulkhead/diff case then? Not sure I'd prefer that over a bent tower.
Good point. To be fair though, I had that happen on my Talion with even the stock towers. So I guess it just depends on how you land. Those Voltage towers, while aluminum, are much tougher than the stock ones and I have not had anything break on the diff case because of the stiffness of the towers. Luck of the draw, sometimes.

Yeah, I just had that issue back in the day when I had a t-maxx. I learned early on that if it makes contact with the ground, it needs to flex. Then again... it was a 2nd gen t-maxx. The bulkheads would break if you looked at it to hard. lol

The way these trucks are designed, the towers seem more like a give point considering all the hits they take. You don't even have a body to slide on the ground, just the wing, which everyone seems to break as well. I think I'd just go with the tower to tower brace like some others do than get really rigid towers. It's still easier dealing with a tweaked tower than having a really solid tower take the bulkhead/diff case with it.

Yeah, changing bulk heads suck. I thought it was easy, but everytime it takes me at least 45 minutes to swap out, even with a power driver esp in the front.

who did you get your carbon fiber towers from?

I have been looking on eBay and googling, maybe I’m doin it wrong. I’ve tried several different wordings like Arrma Typhon carbon fiber upgrades, I’ll get a few smalls but no towers yet

Thanks, I did run across those but wasn’t sure what version the 2018 blue Typhon was and haven’t had a chance to order mine to compare visually. So V2 parts will fit the current model?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back