Carbon speed run bodies - "Soon" for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey guys I know many have wondered what is going on with the 200+ build. I thought I would provide an update on what is going on and something cool coming soon.

I took a little break to enjoy the RC hobby with RC boats. Also at the same time started a project to hopefully make a small business selling the Carbon Speed run bodies. This is a new nose design, different than the one used by Raz in some of his videos. That body had a long angled nose that generated too much down-force in the front. After studying designs that work really well and some CFD analysis I had landed on this shape/design. I think it is just about perfect for 1/8 and 1/7 scale cars having a good balance in downforce, airflow management, and low drag.

I just finished up 3 bodies. 2 are going to some big name RC guys on YouTube. Fingers crossed that they have good results running them!!! The other is run by a guy in Florida who shares his videos on Steven Mendoza's channel. (he is not Steven) He has been 153 mph with the same shape/body in a fiberglass version, and has a lot more in it. He plans to gear up and try again soon. His comment was "it is so smooth and stable, I believe it has a lot more in it."

At the same time I am working a deal on having the bodies produced with a manufacturer who will do them in the best way! That process is vacuum resin infusion. The infusion process will result in a stronger, lighter body, and have a better surface finish. I am going into this as a business partnership with a guy not from the RC car world.

As of this week a mold is being made. I expect it may be another 1-2 months before anything is ready. I am hopeful that the stars align and the YouTube superstars can drop some videos of the body doing very well (170+ mph) to help promote the product.

Below are some images of the 3 hand layup method produced bodies I have been working on over the past few months.
Fresh out of the mold. They still required a final trim, patching air bubbles in the resin finish, and clear coat for that sparkle :)

3Capture.JPG

After trim, patching, sanding, and clear coat:
Clear coat Capture.JPG

I also worked on a custom CAD designed wing. James McCoy helped consult on the ideal shape/design for the wing. This wing absolutely has to be CAD/3D printed due to many compound curves occurring at different angles.
It is hard to see but the side has 3 holes for mounting the "fin" vertical stabilizer:

3Capture.JPG

I have since revised this to a 1 piece design, but the initial prototype was a 2 piece mirrored part design:
2Capture.JPG

I have no idea what final prices will be like yet, and how the business arrangement will pan out.
Thanks for your support and stay tuned for more!

Last edited:
Impressive! On what kind of chassis will they sit? Limitless?
Any 1/7 scale as is. You can also cut off length from the back of the body and they will work on 1/8 scale.
Good luck buddy. Can I dragons den style some seed capital lol

I'll be real honest that I have no idea what that means, but sounds great! LOL

Oh ok, the US version is called Shark Tank.
In this case I already have an investor who is putting up the cash. I am just the idea/design, plus I have the industry connections with the big name YouTubers who can advertise the product for me.

Waiting to see what my options will be. There has been talk about a 100% buy out, royalties, or partnership. No matter what it should help fund my RC projects further :)

Any 1/7 scale as is. You can also cut off length from the back of the body and they will work on 1/8 scale.

I'll be real honest that I have no idea what that means, but sounds great! LOL
All I can say is.....wow........ thanx for sharing.....

Those are sure funny looking snow shoes!

You won't need luck, these are awesome. It's been fun watching them evolve. Hope you get something worth the time you've got into them.

Thanks man!

It will be great if this turns into a business, but I also hope the users can prove the design and idea works. I'd love to do it myself, but I don't have the roads to do it. If this body can take James over 200 mph for example that would be pretty amazing.

The other thing is leaving my mark on the hobby for generations to come is a pretty cool thing to think about. I hope it inspires others to create and build things that solve short-comings in the current part options.

Amazing work @LibertyMKiii! Can't wait to see these in action and maybe possibly one day be able to get and run one myself. Hoping all the best for everything to go smooth with production and the business to take off! The hard work and extreme attention to details shows as always with your amazing work and finished product. Keep up the amazing work Sir and I'm really looking forward to what these body's can do and how much they help to progress the speed run aspect of this hobby!

That is how you lay carbon fiber. Quality is off the charts.

They look pretty good at a 4 ft distance ;)

Amazing work @LibertyMKiii! Can't wait to see these in action and maybe possibly one day be able to get and run one myself. Hoping all the best for everything to go smooth with production and the business to take off! The hard work and extreme attention to details shows as always with your amazing work and finished product. Keep up the amazing work Sir and I'm really looking forward to what these body's can do and how much they help to progress the speed run aspect of this hobby!

Thanks man, hopefully they do as good as we expect. (Fingers crossed, knock on wood, don't spill the salt)

Hey guys I know many have wondered what is going on with the 200+ build. I thought I would provide an update on what is going on and something cool coming soon.

I took a little break to enjoy the RC hobby with RC boats. Also at the same time started a project to hopefully make a small business selling the Carbon Speed run bodies. This is a new nose design, different than the one used by Raz in some of his videos. That body had a long angled nose that generated too much down-force in the front. After studying designs that work really well and some CFD analysis I had landed on this shape/design. I think it is just about perfect for 1/8 and 1/7 scale cars having a good balance in downforce, airflow management, and low drag.

I just finished up 3 bodies. 2 are going to some big name RC guys on YouTube. Fingers crossed that they have good results running them!!! The other is run by a guy in Florida who shares his videos on Steven Mendoza's channel. (he is not Steven) He has been 153 mph with the same shape/body in a fiberglass version, and has a lot more in it. He plans to gear up and try again soon. His comment was "it is so smooth and stable, I believe it has a lot more in it."

At the same time I am working a deal on having the bodies produced with a manufacturer who will do them in the best way! That process is vacuum resin infusion. The infusion process will result in a stronger, lighter body, and have a better surface finish. I am going into this as a business partnership with a guy not from the RC car world.

As of this week a mold is being made. I expect it may be another 1-2 months before anything is ready. I am hopeful that the stars align and the YouTube superstars can drop some videos of the body doing very well (170+ mph) to help promote the product.

Below are some images of the 3 hand layup method produced bodies I have been working on over the past few months.
Fresh out of the mold. They still required a final trim, patching air bubbles in the resin finish, and clear coat for that sparkle :)

View attachment 174955

After trim, patching, sanding, and clear coat:
View attachment 174956

I also worked on a custom CAD designed wing. James McCoy helped consult on the ideal shape/design for the wing. This wing absolutely has to be CAD/3D printed due to many compound curves occurring at different angles.
It is hard to see but the side has 3 holes for mounting the "fin" vertical stabilizer:

View attachment 174957

I have since revised this to a 1 piece design, but the initial prototype was a 2 piece mirrored part design:
View attachment 174958

I have no idea what final prices will be like yet, and how the business arrangement will pan out.
Thanks for your support and stay tuned for more!
Glad to hear that all the hard work over the years is finally paying off Liberty. I'll likely never be in the market for anything as nice as this, but it will be awesome seeing others run them knowing that we got to see the whole development process right here on the Arrma Forum. Hope you decide to give up the names of the YouTubers so we can go see the bodies in action without having to stumble through the endless speedrun videos avaulable now.

Glad to hear that all the hard work over the years is finally paying off Liberty. I'll likely never be in the market for anything as nice as this, but it will be awesome seeing others run them knowing that we got to see the whole development process right here on the Arrma Forum. Hope you decide to give up the names of the YouTubers so we can go see the bodies in action without having to stumble through the endless speedrun videos avaulable now.
I appreciate that it has been a fun journey and I never expected to get this deep into the hobby. (It all started with my friend showing me his brushless Traxxas Rustler)

I am willing to bet you follow these 2 YouTubers closely ;)
With that said once they decide to post a video I'll certainly share it here too.

Are you considering making one for the rustler 2wd

That platform's "market" has died out for speed use over the past few years. You could take one of these bodies and cut it down to the desired length, but I believe the Rustler is wider by 20mm. I imagine you could do the different model arms to reduce the width and make it work.

My 2nd RC car when re-entering the RC car world was the LCG 2wd Slash. I can appreciate how hard it is to go fast with a 2wd RC car. The braking distances are terrible ;)

My 2nd RC car when re-entering the RC car world was the LCG 2wd Slash. I can appreciate how hard it is to go fast with a 2wd RC car. The braking distances are terrible ;)
Not to mention trying to keep them in a straight line on anything less than a perfect surface.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back