Carbon speed run bodies - "Soon" for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nothing yet...
This manufacturer wants to try again to make it right but he is slower than Christmas.
There are not many people that can make this sort of thing so my options are limited with the target price point he has provided.

If I wanted to make an $800 body then I could get them done elsewhere, but that price is way out of the normal range that people would be willing to pay.

This manufacturer wants to try again to make it right but he is slower than Christmas.

I know that feeling and then receive trash.
Hang in there!!!

Nothing yet...
There are not many people that can make this sort of thing so my options are limited with the target price point he has provided.

If I wanted to make an $800 body then I could get them done elsewhere, but that price is way out of the normal range that people would be willing to pay.

Well, at least he's committed.
I'd say give him another go at it then. 👍

Updating this thread.
The possibility of mass producing these is dead.

I cannot make them myself for health reasons (allergic to epoxy resin) and the business partner and I completely pulled out from working with this hack of a manufacturer.

Raz cut the front splitter off my body eliminating the front downforce and publicly gave this body a bad name. O' well its done now.

kick in nuts GIF

That sucks, sorry to hear it. And let me just say I’ll raise (another) glass to James Mccoy, and to you as well. And I’ll leave it at that…
Got any of those preproduction bodies left over? If so, I’ll take one!

That sucks, sorry to hear it. And let me just say I’ll raise (another) glass to James Mccoy, and to you as well. And I’ll leave it at that…
Got any of those preproduction bodies left over? If so, I’ll take one!
I do have 2 of them. For now I plan to use them.
If later I decide to sell one I'll keep you in mind!

Updating this thread.
The possibility of mass producing these is dead.

I cannot make them myself for health reasons (allergic to epoxy resin) and the business partner and I completely pulled out from working with this hack of a manufacturer.

Raz cut the front splitter off my body eliminating the front downforce and publicly gave this body a bad name. O' well its done now.

kick in nuts GIF

@LibertyMKiii
Know this.. When one opportunity closes, another will always open.

So don't loose hope.

Awww man, I have been following this since you first started these, Love the "Orca" design, really sorry it didn't work out as planned. :(

Hey guys I know many have wondered what is going on with the 200+ build. I thought I would provide an update on what is going on and something cool coming soon.

I took a little break to enjoy the RC hobby with RC boats. Also at the same time started a project to hopefully make a small business selling the Carbon Speed run bodies. This is a new nose design, different than the one used by Raz in some of his videos. That body had a long angled nose that generated too much down-force in the front. After studying designs that work really well and some CFD analysis I had landed on this shape/design. I think it is just about perfect for 1/8 and 1/7 scale cars having a good balance in downforce, airflow management, and low drag.

I just finished up 3 bodies. 2 are going to some big name RC guys on YouTube. Fingers crossed that they have good results running them!!! The other is run by a guy in Florida who shares his videos on Steven Mendoza's channel. (he is not Steven) He has been 153 mph with the same shape/body in a fiberglass version, and has a lot more in it. He plans to gear up and try again soon. His comment was "it is so smooth and stable, I believe it has a lot more in it."

At the same time I am working a deal on having the bodies produced with a manufacturer who will do them in the best way! That process is vacuum resin infusion. The infusion process will result in a stronger, lighter body, and have a better surface finish. I am going into this as a business partnership with a guy not from the RC car world.

As of this week a mold is being made. I expect it may be another 1-2 months before anything is ready. I am hopeful that the stars align and the YouTube superstars can drop some videos of the body doing very well (170+ mph) to help promote the product.

Below are some images of the 3 hand layup method produced bodies I have been working on over the past few months.
Fresh out of the mold. They still required a final trim, patching air bubbles in the resin finish, and clear coat for that sparkle :)

View attachment 174955

After trim, patching, sanding, and clear coat:
View attachment 174956

I also worked on a custom CAD designed wing. James McCoy helped consult on the ideal shape/design for the wing. This wing absolutely has to be CAD/3D printed due to many compound curves occurring at different angles.
It is hard to see but the side has 3 holes for mounting the "fin" vertical stabilizer:

View attachment 174957

I have since revised this to a 1 piece design, but the initial prototype was a 2 piece mirrored part design:
View attachment 174958

I have no idea what final prices will be like yet, and how the business arrangement will pan out.
Thanks for your support and stay tuned for more!
That is a wonderful job.best of luck .wish you success 🤟😁

My business partner in this project has the 2 bodies available. Should anyone be interested let me know and I can PM you his contact info. He wants to clear out the space on his basement shelves where these reside currently. They are extremely light weight made with the resin vacuum infusion process. They are not perfect in appearance, but overall look awesome in my opinion.

2 things to note:
1. They may need reinforcing in certain areas as they are only a few layers thick. (when I produced mine I would use 4-6 layers.)
2. You will need custom body mounting and need to be a DIY person to make it work.
3. Tuning this body is unknown. You might need to add a wing or something like that to get it to run correctly for your car.

IMG_20231020_121718_01.jpg

IMG_20231020_121734_01.jpg

My business partner in this project has the 2 bodies available. Should anyone be interested let me know and I can PM you his contact info. He wants to clear out the space on his basement shelves where these reside currently. They are extremely light weight made with the resin vacuum infusion process. They are not perfect in appearance, but overall look awesome in my opinion.

2 things to note:
1. They may need reinforcing in certain areas as they are only a few layers thick. (when I produced mine I would use 4-6 layers.)
2. You will need custom body mounting and need to be a DIY person to make it work.
3. Tuning this body is unknown. You might need to add a wing or something like that to get it to run correctly for your car.

View attachment 328256
View attachment 328257
Plz pm me his contact info..👍 thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back