Talion Carbon Tower Brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timson

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
After gaining 238g with my new 4092 motor and Max6 - I thought I’d do something to reduce the weight a bit.

Sooo... Made up a new tower brace from 10mm Carbon Fibre tube (1mm wall thickness).
Machined a couple of inserts to accept the 30mm M5 grub screws and hey presto... saved a whopping 44g ☺️

F3F33F16-8B6A-46AB-B753-B61476200563.jpeg
57ECCF00-708D-4F3B-8DBF-10A0D30134A1.jpeg

93BA538B-9B74-4E3F-8375-BD98AC2EE5C6.jpeg

Really pleased at how strong this thing is - and recon it’ll do a fine job!

I used a CF sleeved over the stock alum. one. T2T doesn't bend anymore on my 6S Kraton.
I don't find myself being much of a weight weenie with these rigs... as long as they are balanced for the most part. I use my Cross weight scales to play with balance sometimes. My Race rigs I wanted super light back in the day.
Nice job BTW.

Very nice! Looks great.. nice work on the slugs for the tubing..?✌

After gaining 238g with my new 4092 motor and Max6 - I thought I’d do something to reduce the weight a bit.

Sooo... Made up a new tower brace from 10mm Carbon Fibre tube (1mm wall thickness).
Machined a couple of inserts to accept the 30mm M5 grub screws and hey presto... saved a whopping 44g ☺️

View attachment 88980View attachment 88982
View attachment 88981

Really pleased at how strong this thing is - and recon it’ll do a fine job!
What length is it? Would one of those fit on my kraton V3

I use this to sleeve over my my stock T2T braces. (not used by themselves) It keeps them from bending. Yes, I bent a few stock T2T's before. Not anymore using CF tubing. I purchased 2 pairs (500mm long) and I sleeved all my 6S rigs including the long Lim. and Infr. T2T's braces.
The added weight sleeved onto the T2T is negligible in a 6S rig. They don't bend/bow out anymore. I went with the Glossy CF. I like it better than Matte CF.
Make sure after you cut or trim to size that you use a small amount of CA around the edges and let dry. Trim/sand any excess CA so the T2T will slide into the CF tubing. This will keep the CF from splintering as CF does this under stress at its edges..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RX7GURU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10mm x 12mm is a correct fit to the stock T2T. 500mm long will do any 6s rig.
:cool:

Last edited:
What length is it? Would one of those fit on my kraton V3

It’s dimensionally identical to the original - 287mm (+ the ball cup rod-ends).
This is a direct replacement for a V4 Talion/Kraton... Not sure how a V3 differs.... you may just need the centre brace mounts (ARA320500).

Tim
E6CBED8A-6B86-4531-94B9-BDF6C7C584A3.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back