Carrying Case / Tote Bag for Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I'd like is a somewhat rigid tote bag that I can haul an ARRMA Typhon (1/8 Scale) buggy, the radio, and maybe a little more. Finding such a thing seems darn-near impossible. The one pictured below is exactly what I want, but it appears like this H.A.R.D. brand of carrying cases no longer exist as I can't find it in-stock anywhere. :dead:

TMH8911P.jpg

Is there another brand of carrying case like this that I'm just not finding? One would think that just about every RC car owner would want something similar, but I guess not.

Perhaps a "Plan B" would be to find a duffle bag begin enough to put the original box into and just use the box to hold the vehicle. The original box is already laid-out how I want it (i.e., a space for the buggy and a space for the radio), it's just hard to carry as it has no handles and could use some protection from the elements as cardboard isn't water resistant.

Screenshot 2020-10-17 112328.jpg

I've used a cheap rolling luggage bag in the past which worked well. there usually deep enough, and can be found for cheap at Marshalls, Salvation army, garage sales etc..

https://wingtote.myshopify.com/products/short-course-truck-buggy-tote

I have their deluxe tote, probably bigger than you want, but in that one you can put a compartmentalized tote in bottom, then another as a tray with truck on top of that, so you can then fit chargers, tools, batteries, tires, etc., but the one I linked seems more like size you want.

Below is my Typhon in an el-cheapo 24"x16" suitcase I already own. This is the direction I'm going to go rather than buying a severely over-priced RC bag... i.e., find a hard shell 24" suitcase (hard shell = place for stickers!) and figure-out a way to put some dividers into it to keep the radio, charger, and batteries from moving around. There's plenty of room between the wheels of the car for accessories. Most suitcases have straps built into them to hold-down the contents, but those straps aren't likely going to be strong enough to keep a heavy RC vehicle in-place. I may just build something out of cardboard to hold the car and create compartments, similar to what came in the original box for the Typhon.

PXL_20201027_141841638.jpg

https://wingtote.myshopify.com/products/short-course-truck-buggy-tote

I have their deluxe tote, probably bigger than you want, but in that one you can put a compartmentalized tote in bottom, then another as a tray with truck on top of that, so you can then fit chargers, tools, batteries, tires, etc., but the one I linked seems more like size you want.
I do like that bag, but unfortunately it's on backorder everywhere I look. I figure that for future Typhon owners, just looking for a 24" suitcase will help eliminate the frustration of searching forever to find the perfect bag, only to find it's no longer available. :cautious:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back