Case closed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t enter any forum drawings because of the optics being a moderator and all, but I’m going to make an exception here and enter to increase the odds for The_Otherside.

I’m on board too, If I win it goes to him

Would it be wrong of me to want to hear @CameronCodes side of things..too much!?😳
I don't know the details. From what I know about @CameronCodes, I believe it's truly just a mistake on the parcel service, literally happens every day. I don't need to hear anything more. Both are stand up guys in my book👍
I'm sure the involved parties know what they need to.

I don’t enter any forum drawings because of the optics being a moderator and all, but I’m going to make an exception here and enter to increase the odds for The_Otherside.

I’m on board too, If I win it goes to him
Maaaaannnn...... 🤯🤯🤯

Thats way too kind of you!!!!!

Not sure how he got involved, but
It was definitely NOT @CameronCodes 😅

Hey guys, I'm going to piggyback off of this post because i am on the other side of this...

I rarely sell stuff because of the hassle but my garage is starting to make me look like i am an RC hoarder. I sold an ESC (NIB MMX8s) to a member here. He paid, i shipped with UPS and it was "delivered" as confirmed by the tracking...

But he says he never got it. I believe him (for no other reason than i still have faith in humanity). He said he has had some other packages go missing.

He said he contacted UPS and they said they would cover it and they would contact me... but they never did. He hasn't pushed it, but its been a month and even though i fulfilled my end of the transaction i still feel bad.

On one hand, i want to just refund him and make it right, on the other, i fulfilled my end of the transaction and its not my fault he has some kind of sketchy package situation at his apartment... What do I do here?

Me thinks: If you're an honest person you naturally expect others to be so too.

From: "John Ploughmans's talks, or plain advice for plain people"
Published 1896 / Charles Spurgeon :

"Do not be all sugar, or the world will suck you down: but do not be all vinegar, or the world will spit you out."

"We should neither fawn upon everybody like silly lapdogs nor fly at all persons like surly mastiffs."

"If we make ourselves asses, then everybody will ride us, but if we would be respected, we must be own our own masters and not let others saddle us as they think fit."

"He that makes himself a sheep will find that the wolves are not all dead."

"If you let your neighbours put the calf on your shoulder, they will soon clap on the cow."

"Better offend your acquaintance than loose your character and hazard your soul."

"Learn to say no, and it will be of more use to you than to be able to read Latin."

"A friend to everybody is often a friend to nobody; or else in his simplicity he robs his family to help strangers and becomes brother to a beggar."

"Take John Ploughman's advice, and never be security for more than you are quite willing to lose."

"Don't go to law unless you have nothing to loose: Lawyer's houses are built on fools' heads."

The book you can get here

Hey guys, I'm going to piggyback off of this post because i am on the other side of this...

I rarely sell stuff because of the hassle but my garage is starting to make me look like i am an RC hoarder. I sold an ESC (NIB MMX8s) to a member here. He paid, i shipped with UPS and it was "delivered" as confirmed by the tracking...

But he says he never got it. I believe him (for no other reason than i still have faith in humanity). He said he has had some other packages go missing.

He said he contacted UPS and they said they would cover it and they would contact me... but they never did. He hasn't pushed it, but its been a month and even though i fulfilled my end of the transaction i still feel bad.

On one hand, i want to just refund him and make it right, on the other, i fulfilled my end of the transaction and its not my fault he has some kind of sketchy package situation at his apartment... What do I do here?
If it were me, I'd go ahead and contact UPS since they haven't contacted you. That's your best bet of everyone being made whole.

Well that just plain sucks.. as the shipper, I would think that the best chance of getting anywhere with UPS would be for you to reach out to UPS? Was the package insured by any chance? If not, gonna be tough to get any resolve from UPS..I'm not well versed in this area myself.
I understand where you're coming from, I never sell or trade myself, so, pretty much a hoarder🤣
Perhaps if you can't get anywhere with UPS, maybe offer the buyer half the money back?
I mean, clearly this isn't on you.
Good luck man🙏

If it were me, I'd go ahead and contact UPS since they haven't contacted you. That's your best bet of everyone being made whole.
I PM'd him. If he still hasn't been compensated I'll go after UPS.
Well that just plain sucks.. as the shipper, I would think that the best chance of getting anywhere with UPS would be for you to reach out to UPS? Was the package insured by any chance? If not, gonna be tough to get any resolve from UPS..I'm not well versed in this area myself.
I understand where you're coming from, I never sell or trade myself, so, pretty much a hoarder🤣
Perhaps if you can't get anywhere with UPS, maybe offer the buyer half the money back?
I mean, clearly this isn't on you.
Good luck man🙏
Like a dope, i accepted the "standard $100 insurance". At least its something.

This is the first time i have had something go missing when shipping.

Last edited:
1645282068019.png

Looks like he already has a claim. I'll call them to see what is going on with it.

Edit: I called them and apparently there is some "paperwork" I need to fill out as part of the claim, which they never sent me. Lets see how this goes.

Last edited:
View attachment 201130

Looks like he already has a claim. I'll call them to see what is going on with it.

Edit: I called them and apparently there is some "paperwork" I need to fill out as part of the claim, which they never sent me. Lets see how this goes.
Of course! Paperwork they never supplied right!🤣 good on you brother 😃👍

This kind of stuff is what makes me nervous about the classifieds section. Giving the trader the benefit of the doubt and assuming there was no intentional wrongdoing on his side, you don't have to be a genius to realize that you don't ship things in the way he did. I'll only deal with people with a solid reputation on the forum...I check their post history and make sure that it's not a bunch of BS stuff...I want to make sure they're a contributing member to the forum, and no, I don't mean contributing financially, I mean I look for signs that the forum is important to them, which in my head anyway, lessons the likelihood of them being a scumbag (again, I want to reiterate that I'm giving this person the benefit of the doubt and assuming the only wrongdoing on their side was temporary idiocy). I see way too many people with 57 posts (half of which are "Nice!" which makes it look like they were just trying to hit the 25 post requirement) trying to sell stuff in the classifieds. Maybe it's wrong of me, but I just am not willing to take the risk on them.

Sorry that happened @The_Otherside
I agree! But even still. Sometimes. You get a bad apple. Like the photos I sent you....
But @The_Otherside I'm sorry man. 😞 wish they would attempt to fix this.

Last edited:
...I see way too many people with 57 posts (half of which are "Nice!" which makes it look like they were just trying to hit the 25 post requirement) trying to sell stuff in the classifieds. ...

Nice!

Seriously, I had a snowmobile instrument cluster show up months after I bought it off eBay. Shipped in the original packaging :rolleyes:, the seller laughed when I called him and said since UPS showed delivered, they wouldn't do anything. HE never even initiated an investigation! Then one warm & sunny spring morning when I was leaving for work, it was outside my door. The packaging was weathered so I'm guessing it was delivered to the wrong address (lots of "cottages" in my neighborhood) and either the property owner or a UPS driver delivered it to the correct address.

Entered giveaway for The_Otherside.

"Come by and fetch". Just easiest. Once sold a Mini E-Revo. Buyer was angry because no charger and lipo were in the box and threatened with police. Said those were never part of the offer. Similar story with another car.

Since then I said only fetch and pay cash. Makes for a much more pleasant sell. They see what they get and ask if they can buy more. It's a strong qualifier and filter for the buyer if you insist that they fetch. And suddenly you get many who ask you if you can send.

"I pay paypal" - nope, never. Or they pay via paypal because they really want to have it. Then fetch it and claim they never got it. And pull money back.

I also write "no guarantee, no giving back, no money back". Also a strong qualifier. This is what people want to hear because it looks like a serious offer on a subconscious level.

So "come fetch" and "no money back, no guarantee etc." and "see what you buy". Suddenly the buyers come...
Add something like "this is no toy" and "for experienced users only". It implies to the buyer you know your ropes.
Everybody knows "if it looks to good to be true it probably is".

And it all saves the hassle of packing, finding the right box.

Make it look hard to buy. Those who just hassle about the price are the ones who give headaches afterwards. Always!!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back