Case closed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Come by and fetch". Just easiest. Once sold a Mini E-Revo. Buyer was angry because no charger and lipo were in the box and threatened with police. Said those were never part of the offer. Similar story with another car.

Since then I said only fetch and pay cash. Makes for a much more pleasant sell. They see what they get and ask if they can buy more. It's a strong qualifier and filter for the buyer if you insist that they fetch. And suddenly you get many who ask you if you can send.

"I pay paypal" - nope, never. Or they pay via paypal because they really want to have it. Then fetch it and claim they never got it. And pull money back.

I also write "no guarantee, no giving back, no money back". Also a strong qualifier. This is what people want to hear because it looks like a serious offer on a subconscious level.

So "come fetch" and "no money back, no guarantee etc." and "see what you buy". Suddenly the buyers come...
Add something like "this is no toy" and "for experienced users only". It implies to the buyer you know your ropes.
Everybody knows "if it looks to good to be true it probably is".

And it all saves the hassle of backing, finding the right box.

Make it look hard to buy. Those who just hassle about the price are the ones who give headaches afterwards. Always!!!
If meeting up in person I'll take PayPal friends and family.

Would it be wrong of me to want to hear @CameronCodes side of things..too much!?😳
my side of what?
I don't know the details. From what I know about @CameronCodes, I believe it's truly just a mistake on the parcel service, literally happens every day. I don't need to hear anything more. Both are stand up guys in my book👍
I'm sure the involved parties know what they need to.
huh?
Maaaaannnn...... 🤯🤯🤯

Thats way too kind of you!!!!!

Not sure how he got involved, but
It was definitely NOT @CameronCodes 😅
WTF IS HAPPENING???

Animated GIF
riff raff rap GIF
:ROFLMAO: (I am not going to bust yo @$$)

I turn the top inside out when I ship. And Insure any package over 50.00
Kind of a dilemma is he the shipper responsible? Partially responsible? As a seller on ebay from time to time I am on the hook and have been for post office and ups mistakes numerous times. If it doesn't make it to the buyer I am blamed. Sometimes yelled at for slow shipping etc...And either refund or ship another.
I definitely think the shipper is responsible for getting the package to the other person. He should have made it right, especially considering it was his poor decision-making skills that probably got the package r.i.p'd in the first place. If I'm ever in this situation I 100% will put blame on the shipper and expect for the situation to fixed.

Hell, I was ready to cast voodoo magic on the_otherside when he forgot to include the motor mount screws in the typhon I bought from him :ROFLMAO:

Geeeeeesss...
Hopefully, it'll turn up.

That's painful, IF the other party really didn't send it.
IF on the other hand, it's anything like what happened in LA's transit hub with ALL those millions of stolen packages, then that's just bad luck... Who knows.

We still feel your pain nonetheless.

I had a situation where after I made a purchase, the sender deliberately submitted a false tracking# (from China, bound for the States) just so Aliexpress's system would show "item has been sent"... It was not until later that once the package clears customs that I was able to see the address being delivered was not mine. I tried to contact the seller, but he or she just ghosted me.
I had an eBay seller from try the bait & switch on me for some LED headlights bulbs for some factory projector lenses.
The price was ridiculously low, like 2.54CAN & I actually never expected to receive the item. Especially since the expected delivery window was 2 months long.
What eventually showed up was some microscope slides in a tiny package. This item was listed elsewhere in their store. The tracking numbers did not match what they provided to me either.
I reported the item not delivered. Ebay said I had to wait till the end of the delivery window. So I set a reminder in my phone for the end of said window.
Once that date arrived, I filed my complaint & the seller offered to resend the product.
I replied that I no longer live at that address nor do I have the vehicle the product was intended for. They asked for my new address, but finally opted to refund my $2 & change.

It's no longer listed in their store by the way, so I guess they fixed their goof on that part. But I wonder how many other bait & switch or mislisted items did they have in their eBay store.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back