Granite case/crate for using 18650 Li-ion batteries w/ IC3 connector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brannon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have a number of lithium-ion batteries (form 18650-1500mAh) from previous projects. I'd like to use them to power my Granite (Mega). I recognize that they likely won't perform like the other battery options, but it's for getting my kids some extra runtime.

Would four be enough to power the Granite or would I need six? Eight?
Are there existing cases that make this easy?

I was looking at some cheapo two-in-serial cases on Amazon. I could hook those to an IC3 connector, but they have low-gauge wires. It seems that they wouldn't quite match the need. Thanks for you time.

They are 3.7v cells so you would need six cells. You would need three pairs of series cells in parallel. You can always add more pairs if you have them. There is no limit to the number of pairs in parallel but you will probably want a minimum of three pairs to have enough run time to make it worthwhile

The max discharge rate of these is very poor. At 2C max (unless yours are different) you probably barely get moving unless you place ~5 packs in parallel. Size and weight will be an issue though. Worth an experiment but don't expect much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back