Casey’s GoPro Hero 9 RC video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Essentially the same business model. Their income is based on new hardware sales.
I recently picked up the 8 and I haven’t even opened the box yet ?

Essentially the same business model. Their income is based on new hardware sales.
Actually Apple makes a ton via services. App Store revenue, Apple Care, music and movies, etc.

That front screen feature is nice, but I could live without it and the other new features...
The auto horizon is pretty dope. Plus the Hyper 3.0 smoothing. Also up to 33ft water depth is nice for divers. Removable and interchangeable lens options is dope AF. Bigger battery. Man so many great improvements. I’m still using Hero 6 Blacks so this would be a huge jump for me.

Auto-horizon...FINALLY.
I keep jiggling my 8 on my head and pray it doesn't shift when I run myself over with my Kraton. Just bought though 6 month ago and not trading up just yet but Xmas is getting close.

Actually Apple makes a ton via services. App Store revenue, Apple Care, music and movies, etc.
I should have been more clear, when I say "their" I was referring to GoPro. That said, hardware isn't Apple's only income, but hardware is overwhelmingly their biggest income. ;)

Resistance is futile

F4923971-FCB1-4B3E-9704-E5BC4B9EFADF.jpeg

The auto horizon is pretty dope. Plus the Hyper 3.0 smoothing. Also up to 33ft water depth is nice for divers. Removable and interchangeable lens options is dope AF. Bigger battery. Man so many great improvements. I’m still using Hero 6 Blacks so this would be a huge jump for me.
But for $400+ I could get an Limitless roller.... ?

But for $400+ I could get an Limitless roller.... ?
This doesn’t take up as much space ?

Maybe it’s time I sell my Typhon and consider a Limitless/Infraction ??‍♂️?

But you wouldn't be able to record it...
I have a Hero 5 Black already... Most of the time I just record with my cell phone anyway since my GoPro Head strap mount broke.
This doesn’t take up as much space ?

Maybe it’s time I sell my Typhon and consider a Limitless/Infraction ??‍♂️?

Or have both? The long wheelbase does help a ton with stability...

Am I just being old and stupid when I look at the pricing difference between the Hero9 with and without a subscription? Is the point of the lower price just an attempt to get you hooked onto their subscription plan? Are there problems cancelling after a year or is it like a timeshare that you can never get rid of?

Asking for some fool still using a Sony Action Cam. :p

Buy cheap gopro clone stuff on Amazon.
If you used them side by side you would throw away a cheap amazon clone. It’s like running a WLToys vs an Arrma. No comparison.

I did and I'm happy with my clone stuff. Had Gopros since the first and last stuff I purchased of Amazon is equal in durability. Headstrap for 8, case for a 3 and several mounts, clone batteries and charger. I'm happy with it and have no issues. Batteries have slightly less capacity but are as advertised.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back