Castle 1406 4600kv with sidewinder 3 ESC… will it handle 4s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limitless202+

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
Hello everyone i have a question. I know this sounds stupid, but you know how some motors and ESC’s can run more volatge then they are officially rated for?
like the spektrum 2050kv motor car run 8s?
And some top power motors can run 5s? (Rated for 4s)
can the castle 1406 4600kv run on 4s if im careful with the rpm’s?
Also, will the esc do it if it is under the amp limit?
I have it in a 1/10th bugggy if you are wondering

What? Where did you see the Spektrum 2050kv motor can handle 8s? Those motors are at the limit for 6s no way they would hold up to 8s at least not for very long anyway. Long story short no. Motor is limited to 60k rpms 4s puts you at 77k rpms. And the Sidewinder 3 won't even power on if you try to plug a 4s lipo in.

I've seen a few posts from people on here claiming the spektrum motor can handle 8s for a pass or two. Also see people running the hw 4985 on 8s as well. I run that motor on 8s myself.

Ok good to know, thought i would check here before i plugged the thing in.

Overvolting motors is not recommended,but damn it's fun..I've seen alot of guys speedrun the 2050kv on 8s..they all said its 1 an done cause the temps..there's an orange senton6s gt on UT hit 140s with 2050kv on 8s...some motors hang in there's an others I've burnt up on 1st 2mins of running it.thats my kinda rc ripping style,way to much power,rpms.heres a quik clip of senton6s on 5s with 4068-2650kv that's has 16.8v max.so fast,burnt up a few of them motors smiling the whole time.i do my overvolting in the cold season. Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back