Granite Castle 1415 2400kv w/Mamba X upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aneft

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
I’ve been doing a lot of research on this upgrade. Originally, I was going to go with the 3800kv motor but I want to run on 3s which isn’t recommended for over 4lbs on that motor although a lot of people still do. I came across the 1415 and think it will give me great power on 3s with lower temps/longer runtimes with opportunity to step up safely to 4s if the truck remains driveable. Have any other Granite owners tried this setup?

I’ve been doing a lot of research on this upgrade. Originally, I was going to go with the 3800kv motor but I want to run on 3s which isn’t recommended for over 4lbs on that motor although a lot of people still do. I came across the 1415 and think it will give me great power on 3s with lower temps/longer runtimes with opportunity to step up safely to 4s if the truck remains driveable. Have any other Granite owners tried this setup?
I never ran that combo but with stock gearing and 4S it will have the same top end as the stock setup. If you run 3S you will need to hear up to a 20t to maintain stock speeds. I actually put the 1512 2650 in mine with the Mamba X and it was a beast. The only problem was I ended up destroying driveshafts. I moved it to my Rock Rey. Another option is the Hobbystar 3670 motor. I want to say it's 3050 kv. I run that in my BRCC with a stock BLX100 and it goes ???

I run the Arrma 3660 2400kv with a BLX120 in my Granite on 4S with a 15T pinion and it hauls ass. I never tried 3S but it would probably be fine for backyard bashing. If you are doing flips you will need the 4S power to get more tire rotation. I’m assuming the MMX and 2400kv Castle system would be an upgrade from the Arrma combo if anything.

I never ran that combo but with stock gearing and 4S it will have the same top end as the stock setup. If you run 3S you will need to hear up to a 20t to maintain stock speeds. I actually put the 1512 2650 in mine with the Mamba X and it was a beast. The only problem was I ended up destroying driveshafts. I moved it to my Rock Rey. Another option is the Hobbystar 3670 motor. I want to say it's 3050 kv. I run that in my BRCC with a stock BLX100 and it goes ???
@aneft You have a 3s BLX Granite with the BLX100, 3660 3200kv motor and want to upgrade right?
@Cheapbastard Originally, I bought a Granite Mega(my first RC) and quickly wanted more juice. I’m now running a Castle 1406 4600kv through a Sidewinder 3 ESC. This setup has great power but little torque and heats up the motor and esc quickly on 3S. I was looking into the 1410 3800kv setup with Mamba X to run on 3s but that system wasn’t made to push a 6.5lb Granite beyond 2s. I then found the 1415 2400kv paired with the Mamba X. I feel like I will get great torque and high speed(even if initial acceleration is down a little from higher kv) that will suit the weight of the Granite and run cooler for longer on 3s. That’s my theory after my research so far at least?‍♂️ I have also already upgraded to BLX 3s spur gear, slipper clutch, and differential ring/input gears front and back.

Last edited:
That 2400 and a mamba x is a fantastic, arguably completely ideal combo for a granite 3s. A strong motor and esc that aren’t big and heavy like an 8th scale system. Probably the best combo you could get for a truck like that.

That 2400 and a mamba x is a fantastic, arguably completely ideal combo for a granite 3s. A strong motor and esc that aren’t big and heavy like an 8th scale system. Probably the best combo you could get for a truck like that.
That’s what I’m hoping because that’s where my money went! Due to arrive tomorrow.

I have the mega and blx motor mounts. So pinion options of 13, 14, 15, 17, 20, 26, and 27 without any mods.
Use the 20t of you run 3S. 15t if you want to run 4S. If you run 4S you will want to address the stock mega shocks. They will be too soft for the added weight of a 4S battery.

Use the 20t of you run 3S. 15t if you want to run 4S. If you run 4S you will want to address the stock mega shocks. They will be too soft for the added weight of a 4S battery.
I have already upgraded to big bore aluminum shocks?

I installed this setup in my typhon 3s running on 3s. With all my upgrades the car weighs 6.5 pounds and with a 17t pinion, it’s kinda slow. Any suggestions?

I run the Arrma 3660 2400kv with a BLX120 in my Granite on 4S with a 15T pinion and it hauls ass. I never tried 3S but it would probably be fine for backyard bashing. If you are doing flips you will need the 4S power to get more tire rotation. I’m assuming the MMX and 2400kv Castle system would be an upgrade from the Arrma combo if anything.
How’s the reliability been w your 4S set up?

I installed this setup in my typhon 3s running on 3s. With all my upgrades the car weighs 6.5 pounds and with a 17t pinion, it’s kinda slow. Any suggestions?
Im running the 1415 2400kv with a Monster Mamba X 1/8 esc in my Typhon 3s now 4s capable on 3s i got 45mph too speed and 4s i got 55mph with a 22t pinion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back