Kraton Castle 1515 end cap screw size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackka

Reaction score
I have an old Castle 1515 2200kv motor that used to come with the original Traxxas Erevo Brushless Edition 1.0 from about 10 years ago and one of the smaller end cap screws in the rear of the motor broke off today when I tried to open the can to clean the bearings before I put it in my Kraton EXB.

It seems like the standard tiny screw that goes in most motors of this size, but I'm not sure as I don't have another motor to compare to. Does anyone know what size screws I need and where I can get them from? They are the ones that are smaller than the screws for the front end cap.

I take it that they are machined screw threading. Smaller than 2mm. I would call Castle and see what they say. (y)

I take it that they are machined screw threading. Smaller than 2mm. I would call Castle and see what they say. (y)
Yep, I just got off the phone with their tech support and the gentleman told me they are M2.5x4 buttonhead screws and gave me a bunch of PNs from places I can order them for a few bucks. Was a very friendly and nice guy.
I couldn't believe that the diameter was actually 2.5mm because I measured the hole and screw diam. with a ruler and it seemed barely 2mm, if that. But he said that they've never used any other size for the backend of the can. We came to the conclusion that the threads must take up about half a millimeter and is hardly seen by the eye since the diameter is so small.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back