Limitless Castle 1515 gets too hot in less than 90 seconds on 6s and 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinkarne

Reaction score
Hello all,

Newbie to the game, bought a limitless and set it up with a pretty basic setup with sidewinder 8th combo and a 29t pinion. Soon as I started to hit the road not even a single speed run and in 60-90 seconds checked the motor temp with fingers and I burnt my fingers already. Temp was crazy, the moror and the motor wires got really hot but the esc is not even hot, even the fan on the esc didn’t even start to run. Idk what is the problem here guys, couldn’t understand. Soldered the wires good and I can say there is not problem with the wiring and stuff.

When I had the 4s connected the motor didn’t get hot inside the house when I was testing it on the desk. But as soon as I went outside and had like 2mins of a very play with nearly 15-20% throttle, the motor got hot. I’m in Boston and the sun isn’t hard(below 60*) here not yet. So, it’s not the hot sun it’s causing the temp spikes.

I’m really clue less folks, any help would be really appreciated.

When

image.jpg

1st get rid of those dean’s connectors before you run it again. Minimum xt90 connectors on esc and lipos

2nd you’re geared way too high for that motor and esc. 29t pinion and 34 spur on 4s is geared for 95mph and on 6s 140mph. I would suggest swapping out the 34t spur for a 39t and for the pinion something like 24-26t.

3rd that esc maxes out around 11lbs so you’re a couple pounds heavier than that ready to run. It’s going to struggle trying to speed run unless you gear way down imo

The 1515 can get by but it’s going to get very hot geared above 80-90mph.

Ideally you want to upgrade the ESC to a MMX8S or XLX2

1st get rid of those dean’s connectors before you run it again. Minimum xt90 connectors on esc and lipos

2nd you’re geared way too high for that motor and esc. 29t pinion and 34 spur on 4s is geared for 95mph and on 6s 140mph. I would suggest swapping out the 34t spur for a 39t and for the pinion something like 24-26t.

3rd that esc maxes out around 11lbs so you’re a couple pounds heavier than that ready to run. It’s going to struggle trying to speed run unless you gear way down imo

The 1515 can get by but it’s going to get very hot geared above 80-90mph.

Ideally you want to upgrade the ESC to a MMX8S or XLX2
Thank you. I will change the setup and the connectors!!
Um I think that set up is 6s right. The gearing is way to high. 29 is 8s realm if I'm not mistaken. My Limitless on 8s is set up with 29/34.
Ty!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back