Castle 1717 1260kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck33

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
has anyone purchased the castle 1717 1260
is it a big difference from the 1650 kv

has anyone purchased the castle 1717 1260
is it a big difference from the 1650 kv
I have both. 1260kv is just less RPM and might run a tad cooler, but I only have a few packs thru it so far. I don’t think it really matters as long as you have the ability to gear up for the missing KV.

I have both. 1260kv is just less RPM and might run a tad cooler, but I only have a few packs thru it so far. I don’t think it really matters as long as you have the ability to gear up for the missing KV.
what would a good pinion gear size to start at if l decide to keep the same size spur gear in the infraction to hit 100+

I think 27T is the biggest pinion you can fit in the stock motor mount with the stock 46T spur gear. And That gearing will definitely not get you 100mph on such a low Kv motor. I’d look into picking up a Limitless spool off of Jenny’s and going a lot closer to 1:1

what would a good pinion gear size to start at if l decide to keep the same size spur gear in the infraction to hit 100+
You would find it much easier to hit 100mph and beyond with a smaller spur gear or a spool. I believe someone here found a 40T spur gear to fit the stock Arrma cups. You could also do a Limitless spool and start with a 39T spur.

Back