Kraton Castle 1717 1650kv motor is amazing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes in deed Killarney ring of Kerry giant causeway Donegal Wicklow mountains looks like Mars not one tree on saly gap only turf bogs moher cliffs it is nice and I am as well outdoor person
And US wise everything is close relatively small island
Yes in deed Killarney ring of Kerry giant causeway Donegal Wicklow mountains looks like Mars not one tree on saly gap only turf bogs moher cliffs it is nice and I am as well outdoor person
I'm an outdoor type of person and Ireland has some of the most awesome sceneries I have seen...I can only imagine how it looks in real life!
Wicklow mountains by my drone

I'm in Hawaii and though beautiful in its own right, its a whole different type of beauty than Ireland.

I'm in Hawaii and though beautiful in its own right, its a whole different type of beauty than Ireland.
Oh Jesus yes different beauty maybe one day I would go there
But be honest prefer middle East lovely places Europe for me is like common
But it is beautiful
Iv been in states Florida and Washington state very nice very different
Alps are beautiful
Canary Islands are beautiful
I ve been in few places but most recommend south east asia off tourists poop
And middle East so far

I changed the punch control setting on the MMX 8s today from 50% to 30%, and man what a difference it made. I was showing my Kraton 6s to my neighbor, and I decided to mash the trigger. On 6s, from a full stop on short grass, my Kraton did a complete 360 degree reverse flip, landed on the wheels, and took off like a bat out of hell. I was dumbfounded at how much torque the 1717 has: I had previously done this while running on 4s, and the Kraton only did a 180 degree backwards flip and landed on its roof. I never expected the Kraton to do a complete backwards 360 and keep going. My neighbor smiled and said "That wheelie bar didn't do much good". All I could do is laugh. :LOL:

I changed the punch control setting on the MMX 8s today from 50% to 30%, and man what a difference it made. I was showing my Kraton 6s to my neighbor, and I decided to mash the trigger. On 6s, from a full stop on short grass, my Kraton did a complete 360 degree reverse flip, landed on the wheels, and took off like a bat out of hell. I was dumbfounded at how much torque the 1717 has: I had previously done this while running on 4s, and the Kraton only did a 180 degree backwards flip and landed on its roof. I never expected the Kraton to do a complete backwards 360 and keep going. My neighbor smiled and said "That wheelie bar didn't do much good". All I could do is laugh. :LOL:
Master piece size to power ratio but now there is plenty of good copies like hw 4985 same size motor about same power
But I agree CC do good combos

My Talion with castle 1717 combo

Standing backflips are so fun! be careful to not land on the throttle though. Could ruin your diffs apparently.

I'm hoping I don't have to use a fan when it gets warmer. If I do, I have a fan mount and 40mm PowerHobby Tornado fan in reserve. :giggle: I'm currently running an 18T pinion, but I have a 20T pinion on order. That should be enough for the small area I have to run in.

I ran My Kraton 6s today on two Zeee 3s 5000mAh 50C batteries, but it wasn't much faster than on the Spektrum 4s 5000mAh 100C battery I keep in it most of the time. I'm hoping the 20T pinion will give me just the right amount of speed I need. Based on the recommendations on the forum, I'm considering purchasing a single Yowoo 6s 5000mAh 100C graphene battery, as soon as my wallet recovers from other RC vehicle upgrades.
I switched from Zeee and gensacearespammers to strictly all Yoowoo graphines. I have 3s,4s and 6s 5000mAh 100C yoowoo graphines that are the best performing and longest lasting lipos ive ever owned. My 6s puts out 260+ Amps and only gets slightly warm. I switched to 400amp connectors because 120’s were getting hot. I got 350 runs out of one 6s lipo and 120 so far on my second.
More then welcome weather poop pub are nice women are easy they live partying
Not much crimes
Of course if you land in wrong part of Dublin good luck

No more covid passports to enter indoors events
PCR test on arrival or test up to 48h before arrival regardless of vaccination status direct flights from US I presume you are in US hotels for me expensive but compare to us cheap
For me it is poop hole I like it I am immigrant quality life but it is poop hole compare to my country but you earn 3 times more and cost of living are getting closer
You want more information pm me
Didn’t you figure out it was your settings that fried the 1520? Something about set to 109,000 rpm. Which would blow up any and all motors on the market. I don’t count user error against the tools failing.
My 1520 has been running perfect for 2 years now on almost a daily basis. It was originally advertised as a 1717 in a more compact diameter but they had a small disclaimer saying even though the kv is the same the performance isn’t as good

Last edited:
I switched from Zeee and gensacearespammers to strictly all Yoowoo graphines. I have 3s,4s and 6s 5000mAh 100C yoowoo graphines that are the best performing and longest lasting lipos ive ever owned. My 6s puts out 260+ Amps and only gets slightly warm. I switched to 400amp connectors because 120’s were getting hot. I got 350 runs out of one 6s lipo and 120 so far on my second.

Didn’t you figure out it was your settings that fried the 1520? Something about set to 109,000 rpm. Which would blow up any and all motors on the market. I don’t count user error against the tools failing.
My 1520 has been running perfect for 2 years now on almost a daily basis. It was originally advertised as a 1717 in a more compact diameter but they had a small disclaimer saying even though the kv is the same the performance isn’t as good
Man, I be trying to tell people those yowoo graphenes are AMAZING. Every time I see a battery thread here, I mention them because they really are amazing in comparison to the likes of zee, gens, ovonics, and etc etc. Now my zees are for when my wife wants to drive the kraton because she already struggles with the max 6 combo power so I throw the weaker battery in there. Yowoos make that big of a difference lol.

I recently purchased a CNHL 6s Speedrun 5200mAh 90C battery, and it really woke the Kraton up. The battery was on sale for the Lunar New Year at close to half price directly from CNHL. I'm pleased with the way it performs.

The weather yesterday was 64F. The 1717 motor got a little hot after about ten minutes of heavy running on grass, but not so much that I couldn't touch it. And the ESC was barely warm. I'm holding off on putting a fan on the motor until I see how the Castle system does in warmer weather. Others here on the forum have said theirs haven't needed a fan, so I might not either. I do have a fan mount coming for the 40mm Powerhobby Tornado fan I already have on hand from a previous system.

Man, I be trying to tell people those yowoo graphenes are AMAZING. Every time I see a battery thread here, I mention them because they really are amazing in comparison to the likes of zee, gens, ovonics, and etc etc. Now my zees are for when my wife wants to drive the kraton because she already struggles with the max 6 combo power so I throw the weaker battery in there. Yowoos make that big of a difference lol.
The yoowoo graphenes are rebadged turnigy panther 75c graphenes. At least the 6S yoowoo is, while taking apart the dead 6s yoowoo the cells were clearly marked “Panther”. CNHL, Turnigy and some HRB are the only other brands with similar performance to yoowoo. HRB graphenes are made by yoowoo but are lighter with barely better than normal lipo performance IMO

The yoowoo graphenes are rebadged turnigy panther 75c graphenes. At least the 6S yoowoo is, while taking apart the dead 6s yoowoo the cells were clearly marked “Panther”. CNHL, Turnigy and some HRB are the only other brands with similar performance to yoowoo. HRB graphenes are made by yoowoo but are lighter with barely better than normal lipo performance IMO
Damnit, now I'm going to have to order another set of batteries!

Just ordered a couple

True Spec DV Extreme 5200mAh-135C pack​

Hope they are good! They seem heavy though...

Do you have any issues with fitting the Yoowoo graphenes in the stock battery tray? From the dimensions on Amazon it looks to be about 2mm too wide.

Do you have any issues with fitting the Yoowoo graphenes in the stock battery tray? From the dimensions on Amazon it looks to be about 2mm too wide.
its a tight fit but it fits no problem. I even got the 4s yowoo graphenes to fit for 8s

its a tight fit but it fits no problem. I even got the 4s yowoo graphenes to fit for 8s
The reason I ask is I had a Hoovo 6s and it wouldn’t fit in the battery tray without damaging the outer covering. I had to return it, and I don’t want to make a mistake in size again if I decide to order another brand of 6s LiPo. But I’m really pleased with the CNHL 6s speedrun 5200mAh 90C batteries, so I might just order another on of those. Or maybe the 6200mAh version.

Damnit, now I'm going to have to order another set of batteries!

Just ordered a couple

True Spec DV Extreme 5200mAh-135C pack​

Hope they are good! They seem heavy though...
I’m not a fan of SMC and especially the max amps and traxxas lipos. SMC has good ones but I find better ones easier and faster. Their whole switch from graphene is fake to making their own graphenes really make them look like hippocritical sellouts. Heavy usually equals better consistent amp draw and less voltage sag even if it’s not advertised as graphene, which is why the old 1100g turnigy were so good. Any 6s 5000mAH less than 750g won’t have nearly the same performance as the 920g yoowoo. The Yoowoo 6s 5000mAh 100C barely fits my v3 6S arrma kraton and actually needs to be coaxed in there pretty good. The 3s and 4s fit easily. Also put some foam or piece of cardboard on the bottom of arrma trays or your lipos could be punctured like my Zees.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back