Kraton Castle 1717 1650kv motor is amazing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not dumb...just protective of CC!
GO TEAM CASTLE!!! :love:
Man I thought it was funny in a post you made earlier you mention how you like to kind of do like rc music videos and we do something similar with our shorts lol. It's actually really hard to pick songs for these videos, especially when I know my music taste is not what the average person would probably like haha.

Man I thought it was funny in a post you made earlier you mention how you like to kind of do like rc music videos and we do something similar with our shorts lol. It's actually really hard to pick songs for these videos, especially when I know my music taste is not what the average person would probably like haha.
Yea I just mix it up. I like all types of music so its a little easier to pick songs.
My vids doesn't seem to be very popular. HAHAHA

haha because I love the way castle system sounds in my talion and that video hurt my soul!!

Real castle system in talion that doesn't sound like an alien spaceship!! well tbh I guess it kind of does but it's a cooler alien spaceship =D
See that's really cool but mine isn't doing the wheelies. I got it setup so it's keeping the nose down and making 20 foot long black skid marks on a full throttle take off.

Never seen an RC take off so fast, I need to film it but it's a juggle

See that's really cool but mine isn't doing the wheelies. I got it setup so it's keeping the nose down and making 20 foot long black skid marks on a full throttle take off.

Never seen an RC take off so fast, I need to film it but it's a juggle
Sounds like you got that center diff set right.
Cant wait to see a vid!

Sounds like you got that center diff set right.
Cant wait to see a vid!
Diffs feel pretty good I'm at:

Front is 10k Max effect
Centre is 100k Max effect
Rear is 3k Min effect

Seems to be the best performance so far and DARN close to stock

Even using stock 2000cst in the shocks after putting m2c emulsion shock conversion

Diffs feel pretty good I'm at:

Front is 10k Max effect
Centre is 100k Max effect
Rear is 3k Min effect

Seems to be the best performance so far and DARN close to stock

Even using stock 2000cst in the shocks after putting m2c emulsion shock conversion
I think for just blasting through the streets or fields the stock setup is just about perfect.
Glad you like the Castle setup! Its a beast for sure!

I think for just blasting through the streets or fields the stock setup is just about perfect.
Glad you like the Castle setup! Its a beast for sure!
Get the ride height right, that's the most important part. These things mess with their suspension settings depending on ride. It toes in at full extension and toes out on full compression.

I am thinking of getting the 1512 2650kv for racing on 4S. Castle says up to 9lbs vehicles, and with that motor I can get into the low 9s without battery so I think I'll try it.

But based on this motor....I'm worried I'll need motor fans too....

Glad I went for 1717 instead of smaller firstly, you all made the right choice!

Get the ride height right, that's the most important part. These things mess with their suspension settings depending on ride. It toes in at full extension and toes out on full compression.

I am thinking of getting the 1512 2650kv for racing on 4S. Castle says up to 9lbs vehicles, and with that motor I can get into the low 9s without battery so I think I'll try it.

But based on this motor....I'm worried I'll need motor fans too....

Glad I went for 1717 instead of smaller firstly, you all made the right choice!
Yea I'm glad I went the 1717 route. I cant see running anything less. It runs on 6s beautifully fine too.
I don't do the typical bashing. I'm more of a park/field dirt with small jumps kinda basher. I don't send it. haha

I like seeing fellow CC fans! Seems to be a rare breed here.:ROFLMAO:
Haha good one
CC is ok be honest I was very impressed first time but after I kill 1520 1650kv within 15minutes advertised as 1717 copy I lost my confidence in them 🤣🤣🤣
For bashing I prefer hobby wing
Spektrum to delicate and not really good waterproof I had two filled with dirt over time
Cc the place where you plug on off switch getting corroded and is constantly on required cleaning every so often
You can find cons and pros in every single of them but basher HW speed CC
Spektrum rubbish 😂😂😂😂

Haha good one
CC is ok be honest I was very impressed first time but after I kill 1520 1650kv within 15minutes advertised as 1717 copy I lost my confidence in them 🤣🤣🤣
For bashing I prefer hobby wing
Spektrum to delicate and not really good waterproof I had two filled with dirt over time
Cc the place where you plug on off switch getting corroded and is constantly on required cleaning every so often
You can find cons and pros in every single of them but basher HW speed CC
Spektrum rubbish 😂😂😂😂
You got a 1520 advertised as a 1717???

You got a 1520 advertised as a 1717???
No man CC advertised as the same but in smaller can doesn't matter it is not I know but I willing to try and it is not the same 🤣🤣🤣🤣as at the time 1717 wasn't available

No man CC advertised as the same but in smaller can doesn't matter it is not I know but I willing to try and it is not the same 🤣🤣🤣🤣as at the time 1717 wasn't available
Oh I get what youre saying. Sorry just woke up. Haha
There is a thread about that somewhere here...

The CC advertising for the 1520 1650kv motor is deceiving. The larger magnets in the 1717 1650 produce more torque, and the larger surface area of the can helps keep it cooler.

The CC advertising for the 1520 1650kv motor is deceiving. The larger magnets in the 1717 1650 produce more torque, and the larger surface area of the can helps keep it cooler.
I know I was just curious but fried I got it new one from warranty and is still in the box for more then a year (spare unit ) purchase 1717 and HW 4985 same motor only no sensor
You're like on the other side of the world from me. Yea I'm having coffee rubbing my eyes still. :ROFLMAO:
Yee end of the world call Ireland 🤣🤣😂😂😂

One of the places I want to visit!
More then welcome weather poop pub are nice women are easy they live partying
Not much crimes
Of course if you land in wrong part of Dublin good luck

No more covid passports to enter indoors events
PCR test on arrival or test up to 48h before arrival regardless of vaccination status direct flights from US I presume you are in US hotels for me expensive but compare to us cheap
For me it is poop hole I like it I am immigrant quality life but it is poop hole compare to my country but you earn 3 times more and cost of living are getting closer
You want more information pm me

More then welcome weather poop pub are nice women are easy they live partying
Not much crimes
Of course if you land in wrong part of Dublin good luck

No more covid passports to enter indoors events
PCR test on arrival or test up to 48h before arrival regardless of vaccination status direct flights from US I presume you are in US hotels for me expensive but compare to us cheap
For me it is poop hole I like it I am immigrant quality life but it is poop hole compare to my country but you earn 3 times more and cost of living are getting closer
You want more information pm me
I'm an outdoor type of person and Ireland has some of the most awesome sceneries I have seen...I can only imagine how it looks in real life!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back