Castle 1717 1650kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
Anyone know the size or have part number for replacement bearings for the Castle 1717 1650kv. Bearings still seem ok, but wanna be proactive. Thanks in advance!

FYI from Castle!

6A5D66E9-6F95-4D4E-BA24-F31937AED2A6.jpeg

Boca BB got the sizes all wrong.:(
Never heard of Cerams fracturing. If hard impacts will fracture them, Chromium will damage also, dent up etc.
They are supposedly harder than chromium? Maybe non legit Ceramics? Plenty out there. Like with my Bicycle ceramics got bad stuff before. Larger Bicycle cerams are easier to identify. I thought that was a strange response by CC. But they know their BB sizing for sure.
That aside, Cerams don't conduct heat from the motor armature. Ceramic balls isolate heat. One distinct advantage with Motors.

Last edited:
I purchased Avid!

https://www.avidrc.com/

Order Summary:

Product​
QtyPriceSubtotal
6x17x6 Metal
5$1.00$5.00
5x14x5 Metal
5$1.00$5.00
Subtotal:$10.00
Shipping:$4.60
Tax:$0.00
Total:$14.60

I sure hope this fits in the stock motor mount because I bought one last night. Need something that runs cooler than the stock 2050kv in the Kraton EXB 6s. Gearing suggestions anyone? I'm thinking somewhere between 17 and 20 to start. Gonna be a sender, not a speeder.

I sure hope this fits in the stock motor mount because I bought one last night. Need something that runs cooler than the stock 2050kv in the Kraton EXB 6s. Gearing suggestions anyone? I'm thinking somewhere between 17 and 20 to start. Gonna be a sender, not a speeder.
It does fit need to take out the side guard first.
I have yet to run the 20t i just put in. but been using an 18t and it rips!
I also had really good performance with a 12t 14t 15t. All ran really cool...I just have to see about that 20t now.

It does fit need to take out the side guard first.
I have yet to run the 20t i just put in. but been using an 18t and it rips!
I also had really good performance with a 12t 14t 15t. All ran really cool...I just have to see about that 20t now.
Good to hear about the smaller pinions. I want air control, not top end. I'll go 16 to start and work my way up from there. Connecting to an MMX 8S too, so hopefully the whole set up runs nice and cool on 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back