Castle 1717 Might be DEAD ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Pretty sure this doesn’t look good for this motor ??

932F08BC-2372-450E-B2DF-57CABFD3F63D.jpeg
1314C4B3-2EF1-4959-8FAF-2F17C9DBA99A.jpeg

Noooooooooo ?

Superglue all around the crack and the broken magnet and run it on 6s lipo instead of 8 it’ll be mint.

Or swap the shaft with a 4092 rotor. Then it’s super mint ?? do it you wont always been curious on this one. You can probably do a shim delete on the 4092 shaft and it’ll fit right in.

Noooooooooo ?

Superglue all around the crack and the broken magnet and run it on 6s lipo instead of 8 it’ll be mint.

Or swap the shaft with a 4092 rotor. Then it’s super mint ?? do it you wont always been curious on this one. You can probably do a shim delete on the 4092 shaft and it’ll fit right in.
I don’t think anything is “broken” just the wrap came off. The bearings seem OK too but it must have had enough play to tear the Kevlar off. Well most of it anyways.

D9FE6BDE-7540-4CCC-AFD2-AF6C36C0B73C.jpeg
Ohh. She’ll be alright then. The camera makes this look like a crack. (Above the rotor division, right in the center)

Gonna ask Castle first and see what they can do, then I will try to self repair. Would hope that this might be covered under warranty as it’s only 3 mo old.

Gonna ask Castle first and see what they can do, then I will try to self repair. Would hope that this might be covered under warranty as it’s only 3 mo old.
I would hope so for sure..

Did the temps get outta control? Makes me want to find a fan solution for all mine before I explode em too. ?

I would hope so for sure..

Did the temps get outta control? Makes me want to find a fan solution to mine before I explode mine too. ?
I have the cutoff set for 180F on the MMX8S so it shouldn’t go higher than that ??‍♂️

@jondilly1974 ... you're lucky, you're in the states..!!
I bought mine in the US and I'm in the UK, they're not even on sale here...still.!!
I've no idea what warranty Castle would honour for me, as I'm overseas.??
I'll pray it doesn't happen to mine..?

Which rig caused this? As you mentioned the sensor protecting it from heat I am surprised this happened.
Given the low KV it wouldn't have been over revved.
It was in the KEXB. Castle said they had a factory flaw in the wrap on the first run of the 1717s. They have hopefully corrected the issue with the second batch. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back