Castle 2200kv with stock esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbizzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Looking to get a castle 2200kv motor to run in my outcast with the stock blx esc due to bad clogging (no response) on the stock motor for the second time. Tower replaced the first motor but I’m done send stuff in for it to only run another few weeks before the motor to take a poop aging. Anyone run this setup before? What do I need to worry about/need to make this happen?thanks

Well the first motor wouldn’t turn over by hand. If your used plyers it sound like sand was in there grinding. So that one was for sure the motor that time no questions. But now the replacement they sent me shutters bad and has a very delay response. To the point where you can’t jump high and correct the car mid air using the throttle or brake. I thought it was the esc but the tech support guy at tower said that was the motor. So idk about the second one

My Kraton BLX motor just seized up too. found broken magnet inside. What did you end up doing? castle 2200 or another BLX?

Attachments

• D9CF39E8-E9D3-4F25-BE80-1628EEC7EC9C.jpeg
    D9CF39E8-E9D3-4F25-BE80-1628EEC7EC9C.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 65
  • EAC58E48-2ACB-4C7F-8DF2-905DF57BDC91.jpeg
    EAC58E48-2ACB-4C7F-8DF2-905DF57BDC91.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 73
My Kraton BLX motor just seized up too. found broken magnet inside. What did you end up doing? castle 2200 or another BLX?

I ran the Castle 2200Kv (with a Mamba Monster X) in my Kraton and it ran hot. I wouldn't recommend it. Plus you are paying for a sensored motor and you won't be taking advantage of it. I'd look for a HW motor. I am sure others will chime in.

I ran the Castle 2200Kv (with a Mamba Monster X) in my Kraton and it ran hot. I wouldn't recommend it. Plus you are paying for a sensored motor and you won't be taking advantage of it. I'd look for a HW motor. I am sure others will chime in.
I was gonna borrow the castle 2200 out of my Revo but then noticed the bullet connectors are way bigger. Then tried to use the Ripper 2000kv motor out of my old MT4 but then the motor mount screws are smaller.

Castle made way better stuff back in the day then they do now. MM2 and MMM were brutal especially with their old school NEU Castle motors, not the motors they used today. My go-to combo is MM2 and a hobbystar 4076 or 4082 motor around 2000kv, as those motors are built with very good quality, and the MM2 is a proven but waterproof esc.

Castle made way better stuff back in the day then they do now. MM2 and MMM were brutal especially with their old school NEU Castle motors, not the motors they used today. My go-to combo is MM2 and a hobbystar 4076 or 4082 motor around 2000kv, as those motors are built with very good quality, and the MM2 is a proven but waterproof esc.
Thanks, I still have an old MM2 / 1515, 2200kv in my Erevo but I'll try that last. For now I'll pair the Thunder Tiger Ripper 2000KV with the BLX 185 ESC. Next I'll try the Ripper with the ACE-RC 150A esc from the MT4 gt.

Which ran hot? The motor or esc or both? 4S or 6S? Do you recall the gearing/tires you were running?

Just curious.

i hate the castle ESC ! burnt 3 of them without any reasons !! but i love the NEU 2200 Kv ! fast motor ! i even used it on the heavy CEN reeper, but it did get hot ! made a quadruple backflip anyway !!

I can’t find any castle stuff in stock nowhere! So I went with the HW combo full scensored 2250kv only problem is it not water proof:( but it is a beast! So much power!!

I can’t find any castle stuff in stock nowhere! So I went with the HW combo full scensored 2250kv only problem is it not water proof:( but it is a beast! So much power!!
hobbywing make some great stuff too ! i use their 2600Kv on 5s ( even if it is only meant for 4s !!) and got this backflip !

Castle stopped all production of their old school NEU motors and sensorless motors awhile ago. They now have a fleet of sensored motors (which can still be ran with sensorless esc's) that are still very potent. Now, it's not a neu, but it's not a leopard either, they're very good, I'd compare it to the quality of hobbywing. Their esc's are extremely nice though, people like myself swear by them. The only time I have ever heard of castle esc's blowing is user error, or an early manufacturer defect, in that case you'll receive the esc, it'll die the first second or third run, send it back, and you have a new one. A castle esc dying for any reason is a rarity, and it seems people who don't know what they're doing have made a bad name for the brand. The people I'm referring to are those who put the smaller sidewinders (1 through 4) in 4x4 short course trucks and run them on 3s and complain when they get hot, little do they know you're pushing 1.25-1.5x it's weight limit. The monster series (1, 2, and X) are some of the most ultra reliable esc's that you could ever pick up on today's market.

Edit! Correction on my dying castle esc's. Yes, some of the older esc's did go poof when updated to a brand new firmware at the time via castle link, but those were dealt with by the manufacturer. The best part is, even after your esc's lifespan and it does finally give up the ghost, castle offers 50% off the newest version of that esc no questions asked. Actually for example, my 8 year old mamba monster 1 died a few months ago, and castle gave me a $88 quote for the brand new sensored mamba monster X, or the old school MM2, and when I asked if I could opt for a sidewinder 8th, they gave me a $68 quote. That MMM owed me nothing even if it died 2 years after I bought it, id still be happy because it was such a killer esc especially with the insane tunability.

Last edited:
Thanks, I still have an old MM2 / 1515, 2200kv in my Erevo but I'll try that last. For now I'll pair the Thunder Tiger Ripper 2000KV with the BLX 185 ESC. Next I'll try the Ripper with the ACE-RC 150A esc from the MT4 gt.
I put in the ripper motor last night and took it for a night run. Noticabaly more power and no heat issues. Will need more runs to confirm but so far better than stock blx

Attachments

• E70697F6-52E5-4657-93AF-4EF85F7AEE80.jpeg
    E70697F6-52E5-4657-93AF-4EF85F7AEE80.jpeg
    435.7 KB · Views: 57
I just emailed castle asking when they would have 2200 kv motors in stock and this is what they said:

Castle’s brushless motors have been intermittently availability since the middle of 2018 due to a variety of external factors beyond our control. These factors include raw material shortages (neodymium magnets, hall effect sensors, etc.), factory issues and export / logistics challenges. We are also working diligently to diversify our overseas manufacturing base to improve the availability of our motors.

In the near-term, no motors will be produced during the Chinese New Year (Feb 5 – Feb 19), which means motors will not be available until mid-March.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work hard to improve the availability of our industry-leading brushless motors!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back