Limitless Castle 8s issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why when I connect my batteries I get a nasty spark? Never did this with the spektrum 160amp. My connectors are getting destroyed.

Charge current for the caps. No issue for standard connectors, just looks scary.
Don't hesitate and extend the spark duration, connect quickly.

What connector type are you using?
You would have to switch both ESC and battery side but they will still spark, they are just shielded and not spark in the open.

I have seen mods on planes where they add a low resistance resistor with one leg slightly sticking out, they use it to charge the caps for a second and eliminate the spark. Somewhat complicated but does the trick. Seems a bit overkill though.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?759403-anti-spark

Xt150.
I will take your advice about not hesitating and just plug it quickly
To eliminate the sparks for the same connectors performances switch to AS150 super connectors with antis pecks option

So not a good idea to bash with 34/34 on 8s.
IMG_20200911_221356.jpg

IMG_20200912_001136.jpg

IMG_20200912_001747.jpg

IMG_20200912_001755.jpg

@Niz55 @bkhlouf
Keep in mind that the 'anti-spark' has nothing to do with the spark that occurs at time of connection. It prevents sparking while it's connected due to the full insulation. There is no connector design out there that will prevent the initial connection spark.

That looks toasty, thanks for showing us the limit! I'd make it a separate post as a good educational tool for others.

Y=
@Niz55 @bkhlouf
There is no connector design out there that will prevent the initial connection spark.

You can prevent sparks though. The problem with dual connectors is that you plug in the + and - at the same time. At my boats i use 8mm bulletplugs and have a parallel + lead with a 100ohm resister. If i plug that one in first with my - lead there's no spark at all

Make sure to keep tabs on your temperature often. That's a pretty stout ratio for bashing. Glad you got it back up so quickly. Have a blast!

Last edited:
Unfortunately the damages that was done to the motor heated up the wires and that caused damaged to the esc. Tried running the car and kept making a grinding sound and the car would only travel 10mph.

Installed my 160 spektrum and everything is fine now.

IMG_20200912_190248.jpg

Damn. Man you can’t bash on 1:1 ratio! Bricked that poor combo. I got you though, steep learning curve. Good luck out there!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back