Castle 8s shutdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
Just install my castle mamba 8s combo with the 1520-1650kv motor. Purchased the castle b-link so I can program esc trough my phone. So I linked up and programmed my settings a found out that I had no throttle signal WTF. I tried everything and gave up. Brought to my local rc guy, he tried everything to no avail, so I left it with him and he'll call castle the next day. The next day he text me it was fixed. Castle guy thinks I got a texted or call when I was programming and corrupted the esc. I don't no what they did to fix it but my local guy said they did a bunch of stuff that he can't remember. Castle said to avoid this from happening again is to put your phone in airplane mode. Just thought I let you guys know.

It sounds like he reflashed (updated) the firmware. The recalibrated the ESC.
1674322022834.png

Having to put your phone in airplane mode is BS.

Airplane mode shuts down your LTE and Bluetooth. So if they are saying that the LTE signal from your phone is communicating with their Bluetooth module, they have some serious problems. Like some serious safety issues not to mention FCC issues. LTE and Bluetooth should NEVER interact. It is required by the FCC that different wireless protocols do not interfere with other devices in the same band or other bands. If they wrote a bad app, which is highly likely, you can probably just turn off the Bluetooth.

I'm 99% sure they buy the Bluetooth module from someone else that did all the certifications and testing, I'm blaming it on the SW guys that wrote the app.

What about closing the app? If the app is closed it shouldn't be using the Bluetooth. But then again it could be a bad app that just drains your battery for you.

In the end they didn't do enough testing or it's just a bad design.

It sounds like he reflashed (updated) the firmware. The recalibrated the ESC.
View attachment 271783

Having to put your phone in airplane mode is BS.

Airplane mode shuts down your LTE and Bluetooth. So if they are saying that the LTE signal from your phone is communicating with their Bluetooth module, they have some serious problems. Like some serious safety issues not to mention FCC issues. LTE and Bluetooth should NEVER interact. It is required by the FCC that different wireless protocols do not interfere with other devices in the same band or other bands. If they wrote a bad app, which is highly likely, you can probably just turn off the Bluetooth.

I'm 99% sure they buy the Bluetooth module from someone else that did all the certifications and testing, I'm blaming it on the SW guys that wrote the app.

What about closing the app? If the app is closed it shouldn't be using the Bluetooth. But then again it could be a bad app that just drains your battery for you.

In the end they didn't do enough testing or it's just a bad design.
Maybe they were just covering there a$$

Maybe they were just covering there a$$
Could be.

It's very expensive, complex and time consuming to develop your own Bluetooth interface. That's why most of people (companies) buy pre-built, certified and tested modules from someone else. I doubt expertise in RF communications something Castle claims.

Realistically they have a bug in the Phone App that caused the issue and the Castle tech isn't given the correct information. Probably because the child they hired to make the app doesn't know what they are doing.

You can turn on airplane mode and then turn on Bluetooth. It will block everything but Bluetooth.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back