Castle B Link

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirkdiggler

Reaction score
Any ideas what the heck I’m doing wrong ?

I cannot get this to connect. I keep getting this error.

It says connecting forever and then eventually says failed to get firmware version.. so agitated.

7F91B91C-E78F-47CF-BBE0-95E7423D300C.png

850C33EC-3937-47B8-A8BD-5152EC919527.png

Have you tried resetting it? I know josh asked this earlier but I want to double check cause I thought maybe you might have misunderstood him. Are the lights on the actual b link turned on when you try to connect to it?

I feel like I've seen this message once before and my b link was busted. If those lights on the b link aren't coming on I think it's a wrap.

Sorry I can't help either. I have yet to learn how to post links.

Have you tried resetting it? I know josh asked this earlier but I want to double check cause I thought maybe you might have misunderstood him. Are the lights on the actual b link turned on when you try to connect to it?

I feel like I've seen this message once before and my b link was busted. If those lights on the b link aren't coming on I think it's a wrap.
Lights on the b link works. Red solid and then slow blue flashing like the app says.

Can you reset the b link or do you mean reset the Xlx2? Either way, how do you reset ?

Appreciate all of you guys !!
Turn everything off and on again and start from zero. Sometimes these things hang up.
I usually look for videos on YT like this one for some guidance :
Thanks bro. Isn’t this ironic? The b link was supposed to be easier and more convenient.

I was talking about resetting the esc and the b link. If the b link is new that seems pointless to me though. I also don't know how to reset the esc without using b link or castle link haha. Are you sure you have it plugged in correctly? also have you tried turning off the wifi on your phone and trying? do you have another phone you could try?

I had a bluetooth device that would never connect unless I went in settings and shut off the Bluetooth and then turned it back on and selected it. Don’t know why but I could never connect to it without doing that. It was an OBD2 link and it’s the only thing I’ve ever had that wouldn’t just connect. Maybe worth a try.

I think I may have figured out.

Which wire goes into the b link and then the b link goes into the rx.

And then which wire goes right into the esc throttle port ?

9A353B4A-09AF-4588-A9A2-63127264328C.jpeg

I think I may have figured out.

Which wire goes into the b link and then the b link goes into the rx.

And then which wire goes right into the esc throttle port ?

View attachment 274812
The yellow/orange/brown goes to the b-link, then b-link to the receiver. The wire w/ the white is auxiliary

Winner winner chicken dinner. Thank you. Dang I’m mad. I had them reversed. How about color pics on the instructions manual castle ???? The wife is like, are you sure you like this hobby ??!!
So everything booted up okay? Awesome man, glad I could help!!😃👍🤘

So I’ve been through 2 new receivers. I keep getting 2 beeps and then a long beep. The manual says it’s a radio glitch error ? What’s the odds I have a bad wire harness ? I can’t see getting 2 bad rx’s in a row ?

I need help team. I cannot get calibrated. I’ve tried 3 different spektrum rx’s. They all work. I’ve tried them in other rigs. I’m using a DX5 rugged. I have no throttle, but I have steering. I keep getting the 2 fast beeps and 1 long. I even bought a new wire harness thinking that was the issue. Has anyone had issues calibrating with a castle Xlx2 system and spektrum ? Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back