Castle bec

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3d-rc.myshopify.com

Eat,sleep and breath Arrma
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Senton 3s
I think I may have an issue. I just picked up a castle creation bec. Rated 4v to 9v I open it up and am reading the directions and it states to adjust the output to plug it into the castle link. I get that. I am running stock electronics so I am wondering will this push the straight 9v or will it default to its 5v? I could just wire it all up and test it. But I don't want to solder everything in and it not be adjustable and stock at the default. And obviously 9 volts would be too much as the servo is a hv servo but rated at 7.4 volts.

You can adjust it after it’s soldered up. Just plug your batteries into your truck and then plug in castle link. Why not just plug it in beforehand? It’ll save a little hassle. I really don’t know what it’ll default to. I think mine was 6V when I plugged it into castle link. I upped it to 6.6 because my servos and receiver were limited to 6V on the truck I used it in. The electronics survived for a very long time. Damn BEC caught on fire and nearly took the truck though... I love castle... not their becs..

Nah no castle esc needed. Their BEC works with any esc. Please just do me a favor, test the output after you set it, and triple check your wiring. Make sure to unplug your esc-to-receiver’s red wire.

Not a problem. I have read a few misfortunes. Unfortunately I need this castle link to adjust it. Thank for the help brother.

Well that's good to know.. I really want to hold out for a castle combo. I hope they bounce back soon. All done with the bec. Wish the radio box was bigger. Wouldn't fit.

Well that's good to know.. I really want to hold out for a castle combo. I hope they bounce back soon. All done with the bec. Wish the radio box was bigger. Wouldn't fit.
I had that issue as well. Ended up using a second receiver box to house it and protect it from water. That decision is the only reason I don’t need a new chassis, as I mounted it on an aluminum chassis brace on a plastic truck.. so instead of burning a hole through my chassis it burned a hole through the box and stopped at the aluminum.

Geez you make me want to take it off now.
Are you rocking the baseline 10 amp one? That’s the one I had. Sure enough after whipping out the old googler I’m not the only one whose had major issues. I’m considered lucky. Sometimes they fail and give the whole circuit input voltage (if you run 6s lipo, it’s 25.2 volts) which kills the receiver and everything it’s connected to.

Yes not the 2.0 one.... man I am taking this thing out now lol.
Look I didn’t mean to scare you into not using it. I’m just letting you know that they’re really not the most reliable thing at all.

I apologize.

Oh no don't apologize. I would rather not burn up a $90 servo and $30 reciver for an extra 100oz of torque lol

I looked right into this a few weeks back and judging from all the cases from people who had fires with the stock 10A castle bec. The fires are most likely due to it not having enough (or none) capacitance on the Becs input and output.. combined with a voltage spikey setup.
Might be good info for you guys.. Capacitance is always a good thing in these scenarios and will help protect the rest of your electronics too.

Yeah I read a lot of horror stories I took that thing out instantly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back