Typhon Castle Crations 1650 kv and Momba Monster X in Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmcdade0003

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I just purchased a Castle Creations 160kv motor and Mamba Monster X 8s ESC to put in my Typhon for speed runs. I just noticed that there is no capacitor on the wires in the images. Is this something that needs to be added to this setup? I'm not really sure what they do honestly I just want to be sure before I install it. Thanks in advance.
So I just purchased a Castle Creations 160kv motor and Mamba Monster X 8s ESC to put in my Typhon for speed runs. I just noticed that there is no capacitor on the wires in the images. Is this something that needs to be added to this setup? I'm not really sure what they do honestly I just want to be sure before I install it. Thanks in advance.
1650kv*

It has them built into the esc. Whether you want to add more is up to you.

1650kv*
It really depends on how you'll be using it. For bashing you should be fine. If you plan on speed running I'd recommend adding a cap pack as the MMX8S has notoriously high ripple voltage, particularly under heavy loads.

Cap packs smooth out voltage fluctuations on the input side of the ESC to help protect the ESC due to their ability to release power very quickly. Think of it as a smoothing function in a graph.

It really depends on how you'll be using it. For bashing you should be fine. If you plan on speed running I'd recommend adding a cap pack as the MMX8S has notoriously high ripple voltage, particularly under heavy loads.
What is considered high ripple? My mmx8s hit like 3.7 on 8s.

Ooo close! 🤣
I have yet to even come close to 1V with the XLX2, with and without external cap pack. They really went the extra mile with it. I don't really need the cap pack, I just use it because I have it laying around and I have the real estate inside the car. It's freakin' YUGE.
1662999936808.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back