Castle Creation SCT Motor in Fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found out that my fury mega is the 2014 version (after opening up the gearbox), will the SCT combo still work? Or will i need to upgrade my diff to a metal one?

If you have the newest version of the Fury with the plastic gears than you should be fine as long as you set the slipper correctly and for extra insurance you can use some punch control.

Best regards,
Brian

I'm running a castle sct combo in my fury mega, 2014 spec, which has the plastic/composite gears and I had to switch to the metal gears for all the gears on the truck,

I'm running a castle sct combo in my fury mega, 2014 spec, which has the plastic/composite gears and I had to switch to the metal gears for all the gears on the truck,
Did you only upgrade the gears and kept the mega gearbox or did you upgrade everything? (Blx gearbox, input shaft and motor plate)

If you have the Fury Mega as shown in my profile picture, then it comes with the same transmission as the Fury BLX brushless version. I have been racing my Fury Mega with the Castle SCT brushless motor without any problems. It really helps to use some punch control and set the slipper so it slips a little when you accelerate hard. I guess it depends on how hard you are on your stuff.

Another less expensive option, is the Traxxas Titan 12T motor which really rips in an otherwise stock Fury Mega. It is plug and play with the stock speed control.

Best regards,
Brian

No, it's okay. I ordered the metal gears on Tower Hobbies, and I should be fine now. Thank you for your help once again.

I just installed this motor to my fury and was wondering if anyone knew where I should set the slipper to, stock, or different?

Yes. I will try that. I was wondering because whenever I would try to go more than half throttle at start, the slipper clutch would spin and it wouldn't go very quickly.

Thanks

Same, I destroyed a gear, but my Lhs didn't have the upgrade in Stock so I just bought the composite one and am setting the slipper.

I had to source my gears offline and all but the spur gear now is the metal gears and the spur gear will be replaced with the metal version once it's done

Will getting a metal spur strip my pinion, or is it better in every way possible

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back