Castle Creations 1/10 SCT Sidewinder WP ESC + 1410 3800kv Sensored Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
If you got the matching esc, you’re fine. Sensored for sensored. Put one in my granite, works fine. There is a weight limit or suggestion I didn’t see prior to my purchase. A granite 4x4 was stretching or passing its desired weight limit but it runs perfectly. 2 and 3s no issues from motor or esc yet. (Was the SCT model, can’t be 100% sure it said sidewinder but pretty sure it’s exact one you got.)

It's a combo so it comes with the esc. I'm not running my SMT10 on anything more than 2s. I got the MIP driveshafts and a Savox servo though I might put that one in my Clodbuster. I figured this motor would make the truck run much faster than the stock motor while not ripping the gears apart.

I ran it in my stampede 4x4 for a year or so on 2S. Seemed to do fine and hold up better to the gearing I wanted than the traxxas system it replaced. I had the castle sct sv3/3800kv unsensored combo. The later version came with a sensored motor, but the esc was still unsensored. I had that as well as I was going to put it in my converted eJato. I ran the motor, but stuck with the traxxas esc.

Then I ended up swapping out the 3800kv in that with the hobbystar 3200kv 3660 motor as I started running 3S at the end of last year. I wasn't sure if the 3800kv motor would hold up well to that.

I also started running 3S in my stampede 4x4 with that system. It did ok, but again, it was in the fall/winter when I ran it. I swapped it out for the HW Max10 SCT/3200kv system instead before spring got here. Hoping it can handle the warmer weather.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back