Castle Creations 1410 Case Heatsink/Fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyFromCanada

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
@GuyFromCanada I haven't had any issues with castle fans, but I personally find it better to control temp through gearing.
I guess coming from 3 burned brushed motors on minimal gearing does things to a man :p I'm just trying to prep and help these motors last when I get them. I agree that control through gearing should be a primary remedy to heat. We'll see how things go.

This brought my motor temps down about 20-25 degree Fahrenheit. This was on a Kraton, Idk what motor your using this on.

With the CC Sidewinder SCT ESC, I may not have a choice to run a motor fan or not...need to see what the BEC is capable of. When my stock ESC hit thermal tonight, the servo was sluggish, and triggering the servo caused the fan speed to drop...guess I pushed it too hard.

With the CC Sidewinder SCT ESC, I may not have a choice to run a motor fan or not...need to see what the BEC is capable of. When my stock ESC hit thermal tonight, the servo was sluggish, and triggering the servo caused the fan speed to drop...guess I pushed it too hard.
What servo are you running, I have a sct v3 for my slash 4x4 and i've ever had any problem with servo brown out (using some 1/8 scale futaba servos from a huge nitro helicopter). I would run a motor fan either way if their is room to help prolong the life of the motor, my 3800kv castle motor crazy hot if the truck is under geared. Also the sct v3 only really works on 2s, 3s makes the esc shut down fast.

What servo are you running, I have a sct v3 for my slash 4x4 and i've ever had any problem with servo brown out (using some 1/8 scale futaba servos from a huge nitro helicopter). I would run a motor fan either way if their is room to help prolong the life of the motor, my 3800kv castle motor crazy hot if the truck is under geared. Also the sct v3 only really works on 2s, 3s makes the esc shut down fast.

I'm running a Savox 231. But all this started happening well into driving so definitely thermal related. I'll try the SW3 out and see, though the 2A BEC does seem a little limited. I was planning on just running the 14T pinion, but I have some larger pinions to try just for kicks once both my trucks are back running.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back