Castle creations 1515 bearings !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Headbangerfacerip

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Outcast 6s
Hello, I recently bought a new castle creations mamba monster 2 combo with a sensored 1515 motor. I run in a lot of sand so I took it apart to clean it and put in some nice orange seal Boca bearings sense I have run them in the past and they are great. When I took it apart the shaft size bearing and the non shaft side are two different size bearings. No big deal I called Boca and they fixed me right up with the right one. (The sealed cap side was smaller then the shaft side)

The issue is when I called castle creations they said none of their motors have two different sizes and I probably got a knock off. My issue is I bought it right from my LHS and it was sealed with a castle sticker pack and the coupon code you get for the link when you buy a combo.

Has anyone here changed their bearings in a sensored 1515 2200kv motor from castle? If so please let me know if they were the same size cause this is making no sense. And if my LHS is seeking fake castle products I think I need to get this straightened out. Thank you for your time and I hope everyone can see the picture.
IMAG1402.jpg

Me too. I have castle looking into it. Until they give me a def that the bearings are the same size in all their motors I'm not going to go crazy. When I got it it was plastic wrapped and all with a new coupon card and ask the normal stuff you get cause this isn't my first combo I got from them.

OK, so the castle guy got back to me yesterday. He apologized and said it was his fault he didn't know how products better but the sensored 1515 has a little smaller of a bearing on the board side to accommodate the plug in. So my motor is legit and they are all like that that have the sensor board.

Wow that's a relief, so for anyone replacing bearings in their 1515 sensored motor they are two different sizes. The one is your normal 5x16x5 but the other one seems to be a 5x14x5 if your ordering Boca orange seal bearings which are the best out there the post numbers you need are smr605c-2os #7 af2 (which is the small one ) and smr625c-2os #7 nb2 (which is the normal size) they will send you two of the later if you order a 1515 kit so if you have a sensored version it doesn't work.

I just want people to know that they should check out these bearings. It is a small price to pay and they really do make a difference. Besides running smoother I think it keeps the temps lower. I seriously am so convinced of these bearings I am in the middle of switching out all my rc18's to Boca orange seal bearings. Once I get em going and the weather breaks a little I'll let everyone know if the bearings bring my lap times down.

This information is so useful im at a lose that there isn't more people liking this.lol but i guess that just me being angry I'm not more popular. I contacted boca but they still didn't make a package for any of the castle sensored motors. Weird

This information is so useful im at a lose that there isn't more people liking this.lol but i guess that just me being angry I'm not more popular. I contacted boca but they still didn't make a package for any of the castle sensored motors. Weird

Ive been meaning to order a set, just always have some other part or fix I am doing at the time. The orange rubber seal, it doesn't melt at all?

Found a coupon code for 15% off
15GBBoca13
Ordered!!!

Shipping is also free :)

Sorry i haven't been on. Yea i put it in the toaster for a second. Once it gets hot a little bit it falls right out
And when you get the new one in i throw it in the freezer for a minute and it seals right up. Works great just don't put the motor in the toaster lol just the cap.

Sorry i haven't been on. Yea i put it in the toaster for a second. Once it gets hot a little bit it falls right out
And when you get the new one in i throw it in the freezer for a minute and it seals right up. Works great just don't put the motor in the toaster lol just the cap.

I thought about heating it up but figured the bearing would expand with the aluminum and make it even tighter. I guess the aluminum heats faster, causing it to expand and let the bearing fall out?

My motor spins more freely now, runs cooler as well. It is amazing how much difference a good set of bearing make!

Found this old thread and wow cant believe your the only one who did this. But congates i seriously think it is nuts not to chang your bearings on your motor that you spent good money on but w.e.. It has been about over a year sense i put the orange seal bocas in and sense then boca has fixed their website and made a sensored and senseless package for castle.

Fyi here is the bearing after countless runs in sand mud snow and everything else you could imagine. Legit brand new still. I wish i could show a video but i don't know how to post it lol. Well i loaded it up with some 1 up bearing oil and im ready to go for anything year!!

^ Yeah I was talking to Michael @ Boca in regards to this variation on the 1515

Great bearings I use yellow throughout my builds and orange in the motor.

Cost!

However Michael @ Boca is a stand up guy, I messaged him via their site and he advised on kits/multiple packs to get me the best possible price.

I even made a mistake on two bearings and he sent me the correct one FOC.

How can you fault that service? Hence why I’ve kitted out all my cars ?

I do the same thing except i use the hybrid lightning ones on my on road stuff cause i only race indoor on black carpet

I had done this on my standard castle 1515. Boca is very nice bearings, I agree with @Evil-T the cost is prohibitive.
$35.00 ish for the orange seal bearings is nearly 1/2 the price of the motor itself.

On a side note I bought some abec-7 rated bearings from China and quality was just as good. Probably spent around 38% of the price of Boca.

Are these
I had done this on my standard castle 1515. Boca is very nice bearings, I agree with @Evil-T the cost is prohibitive.
$35.00 ish for the orange seal bearings is nearly 1/2 the price of the motor itself.

On a side note I bought some abec-7 rated bearings from China and quality was just as good. Probably spent around 38% of the price of Boca.
View attachment 49105
Is this picture the china ones? If so take the seal off and take a picture please. This seal looks like a normal rubber seal. Bocas are this weird non contact seal. If you can take a picture of the inside thank you.
Plus even know in this forum a boca add pops up with a 20% off coupon so thats nice.

Are these

Is this picture the china ones? If so take the seal off and take a picture please. This seal looks like a normal rubber seal. Bocas are this weird non contact seal. If you can take a picture of the inside thank you.
Plus even know in this forum a boca add pops up with a 20% off coupon so thats nice.
I sold the car that they were installed on so they are all gone...

Reading this makes me want to tear down the motor I have in my revo 2.0. It's 3 year old and I've never had it open... it howls at the moon now that I run 6S. It's the unsensored traxxas 2200kv motor that I transplanted from my ERBEv1 into the 2.0 chassis. My MXL-6S esc died a month ago after running 6S for a couple weeks. Had only run 4S through it and the motor since I got the ERBEv1. I converted to the 2.0 so I could run 6S in it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back