Kraton Castle creations 1515

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atsoca

ATSOCA
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Now do you guys feel about a castle 1515
And Mamba X 6s in a Kraton? With an 18 tooth pinion and yeha racimg Duala fans on motor?

CC 1515 (2200kv) may run hot.(6S) And not enough grunt. 2050kv is as high as I would go in a 6S Kraton. Add an 18T pinion to that 2200kv scenario and that spells a lot of heat to manage. But others may have done this I am sure with a much smaller Pinion. It could work.
I run a HW 2200kv in my Limitless. (better suited) The 6s Kraton wants more torque. I would go with a 1900kv motor max. And 17/18T pinion may be a target gear. Only testing gears will guide you.
I am running a 1900kv in my much lighter Tekno MT/17T pinion. But the final drive ratio is different from the Kraton as well. Its a Rocket and best suited on 4S.
Fans are a given for all motors IMHO. At least if heat poses a problem. And usually does when you move up from the stock 12T pinions.

What car are you putting this motor in? In a Typhon 6s, it will do OK, but in a Kraton, @SrC will be right...

Also, that MX is a bit marginal for 1/8 buggy. Works, but is more designed for 1/10 setups.

Also, that MX is a bit marginal for 1/8 buggy. Works, but is more designed for 1/10 setups.
A good point. The Kraton is rather heavy for the MMX (not the 8S) setup. Many find heat an issue due to weight. (although it's spec'd for 1/8) IMHO.

A good point. The Kraton is rather heavy for the MMX (not the 8S) setup. Many find heat an issue due to weight. (although it's spec'd for 1/8) IMHO.
Jerry is talking about the Mamba X not the Mamba Monster X, the MMX is fine if you run it with a 1/6th scale motor, I run a MM2 in my fully built Outcast, the Mamba X is designed for lightweight 1/8 buggy and short course trucks.

I thought the OP referred to the M Monster. My bad.:)

Yeah, Castle and Arrma both seem to like confusing names...
MX - Mamba X -2s-6s, for 1/10 to 1/8 buggy
MMX - Mamba Monster X - 3s-6s, for 1/8 MT
MM8X - Mamba Monster X for 8s, 1/5 scale.

I run a MMX in my Outcast and my Typhon/Siren. They run cool, but I have 'reasonable' size motors... :)

Honestly, I never owned a CC product but def. will as my very next ESC... You pay more but get more with CC. Dam, CC can't keep up with the demand. :ROFLMAO:All my stuff is HW, all sensored. As well as the stock Arrma stuff.:cool: I'm a believer in that underestimated BLX 2050 motor. It seems to shine better with higher end ESC's in general. But it has its limits too.
My Lim is begging for that 1717. But these are outsourced by CC, not inhouse like their ESC's. Cant find a $1717$. Love that it is sensored.
Edit: I found a 1717 mmx8s combo. $400.

Where is my stimulous check????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It will have more power and torque than stock right?
What should I expect on short grass and pavement?

It will have more power and torque than stock right?
What should I expect on short grass and pavement?
You will have truck destroying power. Not recommended unless you know what you are doing. It's like handing the keys to a Ferrari to a 16 year old.

I think a Max6 and the 4092 size can is a better "intermediate" setup and it's still probably too much for most people. The 1717 setup is really hardcore if you ask me. And expensive.

I just put the 1717 on a Momba Monster X (getting 8s soon) in my K6 after I found the 1515 got too hot too quick. I’m still playing with the gearing, but it’s definitely got a lot of torque. The main problem I’ve run into with the 1717 is that I haven’t found any heat sink/fans for it. I modified a few but then they don’t fit or rub on the dog bone. The one I’m using is a modified one off eBay that I’m really not happy with.

I just put the 1717 on a Momba Monster X (getting 8s soon) in my K6 after I found the 1515 got too hot too quick. I’m still playing with the gearing, but it’s definitely got a lot of torque. The main problem I’ve run into with the 1717 is that I haven’t found any heat sink/fans for it. I modified a few but then they don’t fit or rub on the dog bone. The one I’m using is a modified one off eBay that I’m really not happy with.
Did you try the heatsink/fan from the k8s? The spektrum motor is only 46mm but closer than most.

I just ordered the K8s heat sink after seeing a couple people successfully modify them to fit the 1717 can without clearance issues.

Well I got the 1717 and MMX 8S in there....let's see...
1596587430613.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back