Kraton Castle creations 1515

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that same cooling fan. It’s not rubbing on the dog bone behind it? Mine just barely touches it. I also didn’t remove the body support and tower to tower brace. Thought about it, but haven’t.
Did you try the heatsink/fan from the k8s? The spektrum motor is only 46mm but closer than most.
I didn’t but I will. Thanks for the idea.

I see you are running Non-Sensored?

I
I see you are running Non-Sensored?
It's my first sensored motor and I totally forgot about it!
I'll hook that up after work today...
Also where can I get a bigger radio box! I have the castle B link stuffed in there it's super tight...

I

It's my first sensored motor and I totally forgot about it!
I'll hook that up after work today...
Also where can I get a bigger radio box! I have the castle B link stuffed in there it's super tight...
Be careful that you wire up everything correctly A B C have to be the same on the motor and ESC for sensored operation. Otherwise you'll damage the ESC. You can set the motor direction in the Castle Link if needed.

Pinion seems small for a motor that bog... What size is it?
Seems about an 18T if my eyes aren’t failing me. That’s what I’m running mine on atm. I had a 20T at first but ruined that gear due to a stripped motor mount screw. And I’m only running 6S. If running 8S I’m sure 18T would be pretty fast.

Seems about an 18T if my eyes aren’t failing me. That’s what I’m running mine on atm. I had a 20T at first but ruined that gear due to a stripped motor mount screw. And I’m only running 6S. If running 8S I’m sure 18T would be pretty fast.
How were your temps with the 20T? I heard it some say it was running a little hot.

How were your temps with the 20T? I heard it some say it was running a little hot.
Well I had a stripped lock screw in my PPS motor mount (my fault) and decided to run it anyways (bad idea). The pinion lasted all of 5 mins so I can’t tell you honestly. I now have an 18T in it. Still no heat issues. I haven’t pulled the data yet but I have the cutoff set for 180F. I will be going back up to a 20T or a 22T at some point. The 18T on 6S is fun, but not enough for me. I would rather gear up instead of 8S to save weight if possible. Depends on temps.

As someone returning after a little bit, really crazy and also really cool to see the... castle 1717? That motor was on the brink of discontinuation because it had virtually no demand, only finding itself in the occasional speed running vehicle. Good to see everyone running the big block now!

I've run a 1515 with a monster 2 in my Kraton for about a week on 14, 16, 17 and 18t pinions. Exclusively on 6S. Its super weak in acceleration/ torque compared to the stock blx185 motor and etc in my experience and gets way hot on 16+ tooth pinions. My 1515 is pretty old so its possible the magnets have weakened over time, but I would not recommend the 2200kv 1515 Castle motor for the Kraton. Can't speak to MMX esc with that motor but 6s should be 6s, right?

I've run a 1515 with a monster 2 in my Kraton for about a week on 14, 16, 17 and 18t pinions. Exclusively on 6S. Its super weak in acceleration/ torque compared to the stock blx185 motor and etc in my experience and gets way hot on 16+ tooth pinions. My 1515 is pretty old so its possible the magnets have weakened over time, but I would not recommend the 2200kv 1515 Castle motor for the Kraton. Can't speak to MMX esc with that motor but 6s should be 6s, right?
@SixStar Any chance you got that castle 1515 from eBay?

Last edited:
I swear the original brushless E-Revo was heavier and that worked fine with the 1515 and original Monster Mamba?

I swear the original brushless E-Revo was heavier and that worked fine with the 1515 and original Monster Mamba?
All vehicles that came out of the factory with mamba monsters, and along with that, actual 1515 motors, (E Revo brushless, HPI Vorza, HPI savage, and the E-maxx) are still some of the most powerful 8th scale vehicles to ever come out. The issue is castle stopped making the sensorless 1515 a very long time ago (it’s been years). If you’ve ever been on eBay, you can see “genuine castle 1515 motors” everywhere. Every single one of those is fake. (It should be obvious at the price point but people still don’t think so?) I mean it should be obvious because they all cost less than $90, castle motors were always over $150 for a 15 series. So then people buy these counterfeit motors and then say how bad castle’s motors are.

Basically people buy fake products and then knock the brand because the fake products suck (they do).

Only way to get a sensorless castle 15 series motor that’s not a counterfeit is to get a 1515-B. But to my knowledge they’ve stopped making those as well.

All vehicles that came out of the factory with mamba monsters, and along with that, actual 1515 motors, (E Revo brushless, HPI Vorza, HPI savage, and the E-maxx) are still some of the most powerful 8th scale vehicles to ever come out. The issue is castle stopped making the sensorless 1515 a very long time ago (it’s been years). If you’ve ever been on eBay, you can see “genuine castle 1515 motors” everywhere. Every single one of those is fake. (It should be obvious at the price point but people still don’t think so?) I mean it should be obvious because they all cost less than $90, castle motors were always over $150 for a 15 series. So then people buy these counterfeit motors and then say how bad castle’s motors are.

Basically people buy fake products and then knock the brand because the fake products suck (they do).

Only way to get a sensorless castle 15 series motor that’s not a counterfeit is to get a 1515-B. But to my knowledge they’ve stopped making those as well.
Kinda makes me wish I'd kept some of my old Castle motors! What's the new E-revo shipping with then? A lower-quality Castle motor?

Kinda makes me wish I'd kept some of my old Castle motors! What's the new E-revo shipping with then? A lower-quality Castle motor?
Nah it’s not a castle motor at all. But when compared to a castle motor, yes it’s basically a lower quality version of it. They essentially shortened the magnet length and put in a bronze spacer. Makes it seem the same size, but in reality it’s less powerful and heats up quicker (it’s significant too, they took off a good half inch of magnets). I actually blew apart the rotor on my stock motor in my revo 2.0. Seized completely.

Traxxas only has castle products in the XO-1. Man it was great back when traxxas used castle equipment? Those were the days! True power back then.

What type of links are you using for the steering and rear upper turn buckles?
They look great and strong ?
They look like GPM! If so, turnbuckles are great, but the plastic ends break very easily! Took me a month to get replacements from GPM! (Hong Kong)

You got a hunk or knockoff. My 1515 did double standing backflips and fast AF. It does get hot if you try to bash with speed gearing. I’ve bought many castle motors of all sizes and they are the coolest running motors compared to all the other leading brands including Poseidon, tppower, leopard etc. Castle motors are the only one I’ve been able to gear pretty high with no added fans or heatsinks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back