Kraton castle creations 1520 1y 1650 opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what
Answering to you is like talking with I d I o t never win why because he will drag you to his level and beat with his own experience 🤣🤣🤣🤣
4 heatsink and engine mount as well omg
Thermodynamics adding block of metal add heat capacity doesn't mean to remove hahaha good perspective I like you for this one
Enjoy
If I flat out whole 6s always overheat if 8s it will die 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Half of what you just said looks like gibberish… You want to call it one heatsink, fine I capitulate, it’s one heatsink. I’ve been trying to be civil with you but “drag you down to my level”? Did I call you an idiot or resort to unnecessary emoji’s that imho no professionals talk the way you do. I really dislike doing this but sometimes It’s necessary to use my education and background to make a point , not trying to brag about it, but trash talking my skill/education without knowing anything about me is just going to make you look like a fool. I’m a Process Engineer with a computer science degree. Who has employment history of working for Blizzard Entertainment and HP both in Austin TX and Raven Software in Madison WI before they closed. And I highly doubt you know anything specific about thermodynamics, probably used a big word to try and see if I am dumb. We could talk about particle physics and the standard model and how they maybe have just discovered another force of nature that could lead to new physics and particles beyond the particle physics standard models which would be huge since the standard model has passed every experiment thrown at it for decades, despite the Higgs boson no new particles have been found. Physics is a hobby for me but I’d be surprised if you knew even part of what I just said.

You said you fried many motors lol throughout your hobby experience, well to compare, in 20 years I have never had a motor fail. I still have all of them and they all still work like new. I’ve blown a few esc’s but not in long time. You’re doing something wrong if you burn up every motor you buy

Half of what you just said looks like gibberish… You want to call it one heatsink, fine I capitulate, it’s one heatsink. I’ve been trying to be civil with you but “drag you down to my level”? Did I call you an idiot or resort to unnecessary emoji’s that imho no professionals talk the way you do. I really dislike doing this but sometimes It’s necessary to use my education and background to make a point , not trying to brag about it, but trash talking my skill/education without knowing anything about me is just going to make you look like a fool. I’m a Process Engineer with a computer science degree. Who has employment history of working for Blizzard Entertainment and HP both in Austin TX and Raven Software in Madison WI before they closed. And I highly doubt you know anything specific about thermodynamics, probably used a big word to try and see if I am dumb. We could talk about particle physics and the standard model and how they maybe have just discovered another force of nature that could lead to new physics and particles beyond the particle physics standard models which would be huge since the standard model has passed every experiment thrown at it for decades, despite the Higgs boson no new particles have been found. Physics is a hobby for me but I’d be surprised if you knew even part of what I just said.
Hard to believe man with worker hands
Your hands just telling me you are a labour worker not scientists definitely not physicist
Then you not gonna impress me
My love is chemistry
Chemistry relay on physics physics relay on chemistry

Enjoy

Motors need maintenance frequently. Are simple to work on and lube and change BB's. They can last a very long time. For many years. Neglect causes undue wear/high temps and will make them burn out fast. I think that is the common denominator here. Just me.

Motors need maintenance frequently. Are simple to work on and lube and change BB's. They can last a very long time. For many years. Neglect causes undue wear/high temps and will make them burn out fast. I think that is the common denominator here. Just me.
Agree 100%
Enjoy hobby

I've been trying to ruin my Spektrum motors for some time now by doing all the opposite of what you said so I'll have an excuse to go Castle. The ESC"s are iffy, but those 2050kV Spektrum motors are tough!

I've been trying to ruin my Spektrum motors for some time now by doing all the opposite of what you said so I'll have an excuse to go Castle. The ESC"s are iffy, but those 2050kV Spektrum motors are tough!
Agree hobbywing even tougher
I can't said this about CC overheat once maybe twice and dead
Or maybe my bad experience
I do stress tests on HW and spectrum and they don't want to die

Hard to believe man with worker hands
Your hands just telling me you are a labour worker not scientists definitely not physicist
Then you not gonna impress me
My love is chemistry
Chemistry relay on physics physics relay on chemistry

Enjoy
I don't have a dog in this fight, but those are definitely not the hands of a laborer.
I've done manual labor for decades... Just sayin.

Same for the older Arrma 2050's. Same motor. Different can/ lable Arrma branded can is ribbed.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but those are definitely not the hands of a laborer.
I've done manual labor for decades... Just sayin.
Correct, i did roofing, was in the labor Union and ran a printing press that made the little Andes candies mint cookies they use in hotels but that was 15 years ago until I finished my degrees in tech colleges and moved to Austin TX for a decade. I do miss working outside and running a crew. These days I design parts in ProE and some coding, used AutoCAD in the beginning. My first job was working on Call of Duty doing animation and motion capture (you’re welcome all you CoD fans). That work was crazy hours, ridiculous timelines and always going from job to job in between projects, for big series after the main hit game studios always bring in more experienced outside help and fire most of the original team. As a Pro E I have stability, high wage, no constant turnover. Right now I’m designing parts for a new Honda in ProE. The kids on this forum can never accept that their builds arent the best when most are one tumble away from busting the whole thing. I can crash my kraton doing 70mph without breaking anything except the rpm a arms which are there to be the specific purpose of being a weak spot. They are the only parts I’ve broken in 2 years except for an aluminum gear box that got a little warped and caused my differentials to break. I don’t understand why someone would get so upset because someone else showed them pictures of a motor with heatsinks and fans that worked better.
P.S. if you don’t do maintenance on your motors at the very minimum every 9 months they will get hotter, magnets grow weaker and can break ball bearings which I’m guessing was what eventually froze up your motors. Castle has new maintenance kits for their motors. Also always buy motors from reliable vendors, eBay is a rats nest of counterfeit motors that may work but heat up like an oven

Last edited:
For the record I don't condone dog fighting, heck my 3 dogs are spoiled rotten 🤣 Also, I believe what SrC has said is very likely true that the HW 4985 will run 8s without issue.
I wasn't trying to come across as an a** that knows more than anyone else.
I have learned much here.. thanks to ALL.

Correct, i did roofing, was in the labor Union and ran a printing press that made the little Andes candies mint cookies they use in hotels but that was 15 years ago until I finished my degrees in tech colleges and moved to Austin TX for a decade. I do miss working outside and running a crew. These days I design parts in ProE and some coding, used AutoCAD in the beginning. My first job was working on Call of Duty doing animation and motion capture (you’re welcome all you CoD fans). That work was crazy hours, ridiculous timelines and always going from job to job in between projects, for big series after the main hit game studios always bring in more experienced outside help and fire most of the original team. As a Pro E I have stability, high wage, no constant turnover. Right now I’m designing parts for a new Honda in ProE. The kids on this forum can never accept that their builds arent the best when most are one tumble away from busting the whole thing. I can crash my kraton doing 70mph without breaking anything except the rpm a arms which are there to be the specific purpose of being a weak spot. They are the only parts I’ve broken in 2 years except for an aluminum gear box that got a little warped and caused my differentials to break. I don’t understand why someone would get so upset because someone else showed them pictures of a motor with heatsinks and fans that worked better.
P.S. if you don’t do maintenance on your motors at the very minimum every 9 months they will get hotter, magnets grow weaker and can break ball bearings which I’m guessing was what eventually froze up your motors. Castle has new maintenance kits for their motors. Also always buy motors from reliable vendors, eBay is a rats nest of counterfeit motors that may work but heat up like an oven
Kids I am not kid 😃😃i wish to be
Big one of course like you
Motor bought from amain hobby
Killed another one today but I figured out overheat issue
ESC overspin 109560 rpm not really healthy for any 1520 motor
Why don't know I didn't design this ESC
Reverse engineering not for me to busy
Be honest you have God level in RC cars nothing broken for two years
My notorious eats diffs
My Mojave eats motors
Only typhon and infraction minor scuffs
Only ESC died and servos
And crash from 70mph lucky you
I am not so lucky but I send them every time i am out
And castle doesn't sell maintenance kits for
And this two motors I use
I will stop buying them as this is little to much
I have Chinese ESC tpw hobby wing and nothing happening for years
This made in 'usa' (Taiwan or China as well)3 of them and various issues
Very disappointed
You like to show off
Enjoy
You want list of what I finish and where work 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
Still either issue with personal higene or Labour hands if working on pc the first one
Auto cad
Love it use it
Enjoy

Kids I am not kid 😃😃i wish to be
Big one of course like you
Motor bought from amain hobby
Killed another one today but I figured out overheat issue
ESC overspin 109560 rpm not really healthy for any 1520 motor
Why don't know I didn't design this ESC
Reverse engineering not for me to busy
Be honest you have God level in RC cars nothing broken for two years
My notorious eats diffs
My Mojave eats motors
Only typhon and infraction minor scuffs
Only ESC died and servos
And crash from 70mph lucky you
I am not so lucky but I send them every time i am out
And castle doesn't sell maintenance kits for
And this two motors I use
I will stop buying them as this is little to much
I have Chinese ESC tpw hobby wing and nothing happening for years
This made in 'usa' (Taiwan or China as well)3 of them and various issues
Very disappointed
You like to show off
Enjoy
You want list of what I finish and where work 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
Still either issue with personal higene or Labour hands if working on pc the first one
Auto cad
Love it use it
Enjoy
109,000rpm I agree very bad for any motor other than maybe some tppower motors. Makes a lot of sense why they were burning up. Something like that would probably take me a minute to figure out as well.
P.S. Im not some kind of super expert with god level skills, I still need to ask for help from people on forums or race tracks. The Kraton is just a simple build that can be easily bulletproofed with even novice level skill.
109,000rpm I agree very bad for any motor other than maybe some tppower motors. Makes a lot of sense why they were burning up. Something like that would probably take me a minute to figure out as well.
P.S. Im not some kind of super expert with god level skills, I still need to ask for help from people on forums or race tracks. The Kraton is just a simple build that can be easily bulletproofed with even novice level skill.
Oh and castle just came out with their own brand of maintenance kits for 15 and 17 size cans. Check their website if you want to check them out. Before you needed 3rd party kits

Last edited:

Oh and castle just came out with their own brand of maintenance kits for 15 and 17 size cans. Check their website if you want to check them out. Before you needed 3rd party kits
I check the CC web kits for small cans only you can't buy rotor for it they will replaced for you for 120 us I ask before
I bash my rigs badly jumps higher and that's the way I play
Sometimes I push to much
But Mojave I didn't pushed as far as others and that's what happen with it I check settings and everything still killed another motor I think something wrong with ESC I have 1717 can in infraction for speeds and this one is ok for ages

For the record I don't condone dog fighting, heck my 3 dogs are spoiled rotten 🤣 Also, I believe what SrC has said is very likely true that the HW 4985 will run 8s without issue.
I wasn't trying to come across as an a** that knows more than anyone else.
I have learned much here.. thanks to ALL.
Sorry guys, I got crossthreaded..disregard the 4985 comment..
Too many paint chips in my diet I guess🤪

I check the CC web kits for small cans only you can't buy rotor for it they will replaced for you for 120 us I ask before
I bash my rigs badly jumps higher and that's the way I play
Sometimes I push to much
But Mojave I didn't pushed as far as others and that's what happen with it I check settings and everything still killed another motor I think something wrong with ESC I have 1717 can in infraction for speeds and this one is ok for ages
Yea I’ve never had to replace a whole rotor, only ever replaced motor bearings. Maybe fresh bearings prevent complete rotor failure down the line.
The 1717 has always been very durable and able to take tons of abuse with speedruns or pushing XMaxx around and the xo-1. Hw 1717 is good value and the new castle 1717 with sensor is good. This is also the smallest size motor I would use on 8S. The 1520 could do 8S for a couple minutes or two speedruns in a limitless for example. It gets to 200F on 8S very fast even with the best heatsink/fans/even liquid cooled.

Get 1717 1650kv don't waste your money on 1520
I love my 1520. Hauls ass with only my real wheels in the grass on a 20 tooth pinion. I mean insane! 3oz lighter with comparable torque rating and leaves space to work with no clearance issues in a Kraton EXB 6s. I can speed run a whole 6s battery no thermal shutdown. There are 1520 haters out there for some reason. 8s is a different story. Why run 8s in a 6s purposed drivetrain unless you rebuild all that as well. They are so close it really comes down to size, weight and negligible thermal differences which all go to the 1520 in a 6s setup.

Last edited:
I love my 1520. Hauls ass with only my real wheels in the grass on a 20 tooth pinion. I mean insane! 3oz lighter with comparable torque rating and leaves space to work with no clearance issues in a Kraton EXB 6s. I can speed run a whole 6s battery no thermal shutdown. There are 1520 haters out there for some reason. 8s is a different story. Why run 8s in a 6s purposed drivetrain unless you rebuild all that as well. They are so close it really comes down to size, weight and negligible thermal differences which all go to the 1520 in a 6s setup.
I am not 1520 hater just bad design for 8s
To small for quick heat dissipation

Don't advertise for 8s when it doesn't handle
6s drive train it handle 8s with no problems but exb not other I use 8 s if I buy something advertise for 8 s simple
1717 I use it on 8 s there is massive thermal difference I both only 1520 because there was no 1717 in stock but I regretted

Thats it

1:10 ok but anything bigger overheating easily I had one in typhon and magnets disintegrated
And I didn't abused I think this was my second test run then I got replacement I run for two weeks again same happen gear 16/50 should run like dream I changed to hobbywing and I abuse this for months and no issues then in my case was waste of money
In mojave I had one as 1717 wasn't available same happen change to motor from xo1 1717 not sensored and run as well nicely
Enjoy
16/50 gearing in a Typhon, it was probably only using 25% of it's potential power and still over-reving. Add the multiple rotor blowouts, more evidence for over-reving.

No-load / light load over-reving will kill pretty much any motor.

Actually getting my 2nd Bachelors in ME so I sort of found this interesting but a little over the top for an Armma forum lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back