Kraton castle creations 1520 1y 1650 opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually getting my 2nd Bachelors in ME so I sort of found this interesting but a little over the top for an Armma forum lol.
I did Mechanical engineer/Process engineer diplomas at the same time since I already had a lot of experience. Pro E was alot more work. And just so you know employers take Process Engineer dimplomas over Mechanical Engineer every time.
I wouldn’t have wasted money on a bachelors of ME

I did Mechanical engineer/Process engineer diplomas at the same time since I already had a lot of experience. Pro E was alot more work. And just so you know employers take Process Engineer dimplomas over Mechanical Engineer every time.
Yea not interested in that aspect of engineering. I really wanted to go Mechatronics but not enough schools and too general from my research. I have a background in bomb disposal so the electronics and mechanical both interest me. More so the mechanical because I'm all about hands on building things. Architectual E was a contender for a while but too narrow so I cam back to ME and will funnel myself with electives. Eyes on Berkley as top pick right now but out of state is insane.

Yea not interested in that aspect of engineering. I really wanted to go Mechatronics but not enough schools and too general from my research. I have a background in bomb disposal so the electronics and mechanical both interest me. More so the mechanical because I'm all about hands on building things. Architectual E was a contender for a while but too narrow so I cam back to ME and will funnel myself with electives. Eyes on Berkley as top pick right now but out of state is insane.
I had similar experience trying to figure out where in the field I wanted to end up. I took some robotics courses to try that out but it wasn’t as exciting as I pictured. I too prefer hands on stuff when possible but it’s not very often. When my uncle was an engineer he helped design and then build prototypes. Now everything is so specialized it’s hard to get your fingers in all parts of a project. Out of state is too much money for the same education IMO, unless it’s something like MIT.

I had similar experience trying to figure out where in the field I wanted to end up. I took some robotics courses to try that out but it wasn’t as exciting as I pictured. I too prefer hands on stuff when possible but it’s not very often. When my uncle was an engineer he helped design and then build prototypes. Now everything is so specialized it’s hard to get your fingers in all parts of a project. Out of state is too much money for the same education IMO, unless it’s something like MIT.
I agree it’s ridiculously expensive but I have the GI Bill which would cover most of the cost and if the school is a yellow ribbon school they would cover some of the gap if there was one plus financial aid. So cost would be manageable. My reach schools would be Berkeley or Princeton i think at this point. It took me a while to sort through which E degree was right for me now trying to Vin diagram a school using cost, quality of program, location, acceptance rate.

I agree it’s ridiculously expensive but I have the GI Bill which would cover most of the cost and if the school is a yellow ribbon school they would cover some of the gap if there was one plus financial aid. So cost would be manageable. My reach schools would be Berkeley or Princeton i think at this point. It took me a while to sort through which E degree was right for me now trying to Vin diagram a school using cost, quality of program, location, acceptance rate.
Where I came from education is free for full time courses / morning
Evening you have to pay fee
But in morning tuts you have to pass test very hard to pass
All colleges universities are free
But you pay high taxes simple
If you want MBA this will be expensive but any good higher degree schools are free
But not all Europe is so good
I did environment studies and mechanical engineering for free
Only costs are books and rest what you need for life

Berkeley and Princeton would be very different personal experiences as well, you should take that into account when you decide. Big liberal city/metro area in an expensive area or small university city that’s probably more conservative and IMO the deal breaker, it’s in New Jersey lol. I chose UT in Austin over UW Madison and happy I did so. It’s also good to have a degree from schools your employer is used to hiring especially in tech if there are headquarters for big companies in the same city. Big tech companies also hire a lot of employees from local community or tech colleges if you’re good. You don’t even have to be the top of your class so it is possible for almost anyone to get into tech without the need of a degree from a prestigious school.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back