Castle Creations BEC 2.0 Issue with Kraton v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the wiring harness, the lead in your hand isn't used. The Castle BEC has dual outputs which might be needed if you were powering more than just one servo such as a Crawler with extra add-on accessories.

The wiring is correct in the picture without the wiring harness.

Brian
So Pic without the harness the extra wire is plugged in.
Should it be if it's not needed?

It will work fine either way. Castle recommends both being plugged in for best results but that's more if you were driving multiple servos.

Brian

OMG. I am using a receiver bypass harness and I just figured out that I cannot hook up the extra 3 wire plug from the bec to my receiver or the on off switch doesn't work and it back feeds voltage. Am I correct to NOT hook up the extra bec wire? It's the only way I can make it work correctly so far.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% clear on what your asking but perhaps this will help.

If using a Holmes wiring harness, then the ESC BEC powers the receiver and the external BEC powers only the servo by way of the wiring harness. If the external BEC has two plugs, then in this instance, you would only use one that is plugged into the harness.

Brian

OMG. I am usi f a receiver bypass harness and I just figured out that I cannot hook up the extra 3 wire plug from the bec to my receiver or the on off switch doesn't work and it back feeds voltage. Am I correct to NOT hook up the extra bec wire? It's the only way I can make it work correctly so far.
OK so I got mine all straightened out. I spoke with castle.
The bec has 2 wires, a 2 wire and a 3 wire.
If you are just using one single servo you will only need one of the 2 wires.
The black and red wires are positive and ground. The third wire is a information wire when programming.
Leave the 3 wire out and tape up as it still has power running through it.
Your bec will not shut off and red light will stay on even if you turn your RC off. Bec goes off when battery is disconnected.
Please let me know if you need any more help as I was confused by this as well.

OK so I got mine all straightened out. I spoke with castle.
The bec has 2 wires, a 2 wire and a 3 wire.
If you are just using one single servo you will only need one of the 2 wires.
The black and red wires are positive and ground. The third wire is a information wire when programming.
Leave the 3 wire out and tape up as it still has power running through it.
Your bec will not shut off and red light will stay on even if you turn your RC off. Bec goes off when battery is disconnected.
Please let me know if you need any more help as I was confused by this as well.
Thanks! This is exactly what I had already done but didn't find any articles on castle, youtube, or Holmes websites. I might do a video and inclued this in the title or something. The CC BEC 2.0 WP's extra wire could mess up the ESC's bec if plugged up when using a bypass harness for sure.

Thanks! This is exactly what I had already done but didn't find any articles on castle, youtube, or Holmes websites. I might do a video and inclued this in the title or something. The CC BEC 2.0 WP's extra wire could mess up the ESC's bec if plugged up when using a bypass harness for sure.
I hear ya. 2 different ways to do it, both are correct. Both seem to work fine as I tried both. I did mention to castle that it's recommended to explain this in their instructions because there seems to be a lot of confusion on the matter.

So I'm going to be adding a Boom Racing Muscle winch to my TRX4. It has a Mamba X With a Spektrum Rugged and a 515 Receiver. I bought a Castle 2.0 waterproof BEC. Can you show me a diagram of how to wire this setup so my steering servo and my winch can get the most amps and I don't fry my micro servo for my 2 speed trans, or is it possible to do that? Please let me know. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back