Castle creations combo fit my raider?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys, will a Castle Creations 1/10 SV3 Sidewinder WP 4600kV System fit my mega raider? If so what type of LiPo's would I need to run?

Thanks
2s lipo is max, the system should fit (gotta find a way to mount the esc) I used double sided tape by 3m and also you would probably want to buy the esc fan for it so it doesn't burn up. The fan costs $8 max and you should be up and running. 3s is too much for the thing though but 2s is good enough for it!

The ESC is a bit of a pain in the Raider. There is a plastic lug on the chassis that needs to be ground off so the ESC sits flat, and there isn't much room for the wires. Ours is more or less temp installed. I need to re-do it. And would like to find some 90 degree bullet connectors for the ESC motor connection. I use the 3m "emblem" tape for putting emblems on cars.

These are the batteries we're using: http://spcracingbatteries.com/index...&path=59&product_id=56&sort=p.price&order=ASC

Thanks @MSgt , have you heard of floureon I can get 3X FLOUREON 2S 7.4V 5000mAh 30C Lipo Battery Pack Deans Plug. For $89 aud would they be any good?
Thanks

I've never used Floureon. For the same price, give or take $10 including shipping, I can highly recommend SPC Batteries.

Here are some 40C Batteries for $29 each : http://spcracingbatteries.com/index...path=59&product_id=102&sort=p.price&order=ASC

Or SMC Batteries ($27 each on sale): http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_97&product_id=247

For the SPC's, rated at 5000mah, they usually charge to 5100-5200. Great batteries from SPC and SMC, and great customer support from both companies.

Also read through the Budget Lipo thread here. Good info. : https://arrmaforum.com/threads/whats-your-budget-LiPo-of-choice.218/

Just saw you're Down Under. Not sure about shipping and exchange rates down your way, sorry.

Thanks @MSgt , have you heard of floureon I can get 3X FLOUREON 2S 7.4V 5000mAh 30C LiPo Battery Pack Deans Plug. For $89 aud would they be any good?
Thanks
I don't remember but I think it was jang from ultimate rc who had floureon and some people had issues and some did not not sure but I have heard of them from him a long long time ago

Yeah cant realy get lipos delivered internationally, only spc i can find is in the canned fruit isle lol. I'll keep searching for them and thnks @justatree ill do some more research..

Thanks guys

2014 Raider Mega, CC SW3/4600kv combo.

What did you do on the gearing?
Same?
I see you are running buggy wheels, I am suspicious the oversize SC wheels on the back, along with stock gearing, is the cause of my Raider being overly susceptible to wheelies, which results in loss of steering control. I have new wheels on order from Tower and plan on taking the wheels back down to buggy size. Must say, I did enjoy the extra ground clearance from the SC wheels in the dirt.

It has stock gearing. We put the tires off of my other kid's Vorteks on it, and got some spectacular wheelies... I'm guessing, even with buggy sizes, most any decent soft tire is going to cause wheelies. We're working on getting some duratrax banditos for playing on the street.

It has stock gearing. We put the tires off of my other kid's Vorteks on it, and got some spectacular wheelies... I'm guessing, even with buggy sizes, most any decent soft tire is going to cause wheelies. We're working on getting some duratrax banditos for playing on the street.

I've got some "Pro-Line Dirt Hawg I 2.2" M2 All Terrain Buggy" tires coming along with wheels. We'll see how it goes. I'm a big Arrma fan, but D-boots, not so much.
I'll give the Dirt Hawgs on my Vorteks a spin on the Raider, didn't realize those tires were so large in the video.

I've got some "Pro-Line Dirt Hawg I 2.2" M2 All Terrain Buggy" tires coming along with wheels. We'll see how it goes. I'm a big Arrma fan, but D-boots, not so much.
I'll give the Dirt Hawgs on my Vorteks a spin on the Raider, didn't realize those tires were so large in the video.

To clarify, my Vorteks has 4.1 dia Dirt Works and putting 3.5 dia Dirt Hawgs on the Raider.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back