Castle Creations Cooling fan shroud/ for BL motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankestein

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
castle-0400-cooling-fan-shroud-1-8th-motors-011-0004-00-1_1024x1024.jpeg
Just received the Castle Creations cooling fan for the Talion motor, wow, what a disappointment.
011-0004
This thing is a piece of cheap plastic shroud, (yes, its genuine), on a .50 cent fan. When I look at the pictures and all the nice ergonomics, I thought it was aluminum, but no, complete garbage. Its just marketing, presentation, w the word Castle all over. No different than buying a knock off from Aliexpress.

Sending it back to seller, might as well custom make one w the X-Maxx aluminum fan, that is something that will work.

Or simply customize a 540 aluminum shroud and fan to make it fit. What amazes me is how others have not commented about it. Plan B is to make a heat sink with wrapped around copper (coil over the motor) and stage a crown w a fan.

I have seen custom applications for two stroke small bikes (where space is limited), and over powered engines, w coil copper in the cylinder head and a electric fan attached to it, something similar.

Bought the hobbywing combo c4....squeezed the heatsink a bit and got it really tight on the motor....alot cooler but noticed the esc got really hot so im thinking about setting it up on the same separate battery as i have for the leds

Read the reviews, decided against it. Look at the Wild Turbo Fans with their special mount.

Its not about if it works or not.

You look at the pictures and think that the ergonomics, molding is part of the fan, when its frosting over cheap plastic and a fifty cent fan.
At all times I thought the shroud was aluminum, when its thin plastic. I could have bought any cheap heat sink and mount to it, and would be more effective. Castle made the appearance to be a nice cool piece, once you hold the shroud one can tell its not worth the 12 bucks spent.

The company made it looked as if it was some nice piece of machinery, which it is not.

I understand the oh no wtf disappointed feeling ;)
This one is just awesome....i can hold my hand on motor after a battery pack (using tall sideguards and front dirt guards 14t and mx38 and dusty motors shroud cover) so alot of heat was building up before i installed this)

Oh well uploading pics from mobile is quite a pita nowadays so heres a link instead
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/heat-sink-combo-c4?variant=328227693

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back