Talion Castle creations Mamba monster 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy20081

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any issues setting the throttle calibration on a Mamba monster ESC? I'm using a flysky nb4 if that matters.

That's what I wonder my reverse is way way faster then my forward. When I hold my throttle full an turn it on the ESC will stay flashing red with no sound until I let off the throttle.

Why is it that this ESC does throttle calibration so complicated. Why not have a button that sends you on to the next step.

Screenshot_20220806-235211.png

I know what they say to do but try to power it on THEN pull full throttle.
A split second delay in when you pull full throttle works for me when it doesn't "catch' when pulling full throttle off the get go.
Makes sense or only to me/ hahaha
Keep us up to date.
Good luck!

Why is it that this ESC does throttle calibration so complicated. Why not have a button that sends you on to the next step.
Its like that cause it doesn't know what model you have. If your model had the motor facing the other way, you would need to reverse it. They just picked a default.

Did you get it figured out?
During normal operation the esc light should be green in forward, yellow in neutral and red in brake/reverse. If not, it needs reversing.

Because I like to live life dangerously.

Nah just kidding, that was answered best here:

Its like that cause it doesn't know what model you have. If your model had the motor facing the other way, you would need to reverse it. They just picked a default.

I'll have to wait an see if reversing the motor will fix it. I stripped a hex in one of my wheels I guess they don't like going forward an having extreme power in reverse.

I haven't had a problem with the throttle so I'm going to leave it alone since I'm not sure how to really fix my programming issues. I'll take it to a RC shop near me an see if they can help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back