Castle Creations motor temp cutoff adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayP.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
So I decided to set my motor temp cutoff pretty low to test it (140°F). But I don't even think I was able to get close to that. I noticed though it halfed the power? I was only taking temperature readings from the outside of the can, which was around 120°F-130°F. So maybe internally it was at 140°F? I honestly don't know how castle handles it when it reaches the set temperature, is it supposed to half the power or completely disable the throttle? I also noticed I get less power (power to the castle motor, not the steering servo itself. It turns fine both ways) turning to the right than when I turn to the left? That seems kind of odd. I've only ran it twice so far, and it's been running really smooth. Any possible explanations on how the motor temp cutoff works on castle's sensored systems and why I might possibly be getting less throttle when I turn one way would be greatly appreciated!

20210415_200441.jpg

On my MMX8S/1717-1650 setup I had mine set to 180F and it would just cut the throttle entirely. Still had steering of course.

On my MMX8S/1717-1650 setup I had mine set to 180F and it would just cut the throttle entirely. Still had steering of course.
That's weird, I have a mamba monster x, not the 8s esc. I'm going to change the cutoff to 180°F. I still don't get why my motor speed gets lowered when I steer one way, but not the other. It's very strange. I'll be taking it out again soon.

Okay, I figured it out, I had the aux plugged into channel 3, and I accidentally turned channel 3 on. It must've been messing with it somehow. Get full throttle no matter which way I turn now. Such a dumb mistake, but at least I know now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back