Senton Castle creations sct 3800kv with 27t pinion gear and 91t spur speeds??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerBerrys

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Is running a 27t pinion and 91t spur going to be alright for on road, off road action temp wise?? And if so what speeds should I expect with 2s lipo 5200mah 35-50c?

Is running a 27t pinion and 91t spur going to be alright for on road, off road action temp wise?? And if so what speeds should I expect with 2s lipo 5200mah 35-50c?
Which Castle motor are you running?

Which Castle motor are you running?
I'm assuming it's the Sidewinder 4 combo and it's going to be way over geared.
Keeps saying I am going like 700mph lol I clearly am putting this in wrong...
This is assuming that you are still running the stock tires.
GADYRSDGF4F5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm assuming it's the Sidewinder 4 combo and it's going to be way over geared.

This is assuming that you are still running the stock tires.
View attachment 40199
Yes it is the sidewinder 3800kv. Looks like I might have to get a different motor housing to get a more wider range of pinions to fit with the 91 spur.
Yes it is the sidewinder 3800kv. Looks like I might have to get a different motor housing to get a more wider range of pinions to fit with the 91 spur.
Also yes running the stock DB boots tires as well.

Also yes running the stock DB boots tires as well.
I just left the 17t pinion in it with the 91 spur for temps.

The title says it, it’s a Sidewinder SCT with the 3800kv motor (which is a 1410).

That’s one of the oldest esc’s that they still have new. It’s kinda archaic to be honest. Really a Sidewinder 2 with a fan. Honestly it’s not too bad. Just don’t overgear it, remember, it’s an old design, not really that powerful.

The title says it, it’s a Sidewinder SCT with the 3800kv motor (which is a 1410).

That’s one of the oldest esc’s that they still have new. It’s kinda archaic to be honest. Really a Sidewinder 2 with a fan. Honestly it’s not too bad. Just don’t overgear it, remember, it’s an old design, not really that powerful.
Yup and that motor is a bit small for a 1/10 4wd it's only a 3650 sized motor. There's a reason why Arrma went with a 3660 sized motor in the 3s BLX platform.
That system is better suited for 2wd Short Course Trucks, 2wd Monster Trucks and 1/10 buggies.

Yup and that motor is a bit small for a 1/10 4wd it's only a 3650 sized motor. There's a reason why Arrma went with a 3660 sized motor in the 3s BLX platform.
That system is better suited for 2wd Short Course Trucks, 2wd Monster Trucks and 1/10 buggies.
Exactly.

I will say though, they put an oversized rotor in the 1410’s... makes it almost as powerful as a 3660 can, just doesn’t dissipate the heat as well. The 1406 is the true, small, 3650.

They make a sensored 1406-3800 kv motor so I was just checking.

The 1410-3800 kv motor is going to run hot. I ran it in my Granite and it thermaled constantly. I moved it to my Senton and it did better. Still right on the edge though.

They make a sensored 1406-3800 kv motor so I was just checking.

The 1410-3800 kv motor is going to run hot. I ran it in my Granite and it thermaled constantly. I moved it to my Senton and it did better. Still right on the edge though.
Oh no ur fine. Didn't mean for it to sound arrogant. And yeah you're right, an MT will be pushing that system.

It is the (sidewinder SCT Waterproof ESC 1410-3800kv sensored motor combo). Just getting the exact model, I was also thinking about seeing if the motor housing for the senton 3s would fit in the mega with this motor set up. So I could put in the 20t pinion, pretty much getting the same results as the blx on 2s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back