Castle Creations Stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyFromCanada

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Anyone know what's up with Castle Creations stock? It seems that the big places are all out of stock on a lot of CC hardware, including the Sidewinder SCT kit with the 1410-3800 1/8" motor.

It seems everything everywhere is low or out of stock. Except of course for the Traxxas parts.... Having a hard time even finding tires for the Talion that I want. Back-ordered tires from here. https://www.sweepracingusa.com/ Maybe it's just that the hobby is seeing a new influx of people! Hows that for positive thinking? So there will be all kinds of new parts, and a complete re-stock of all the parts we are looking for? How nice would that be? More hobbyists, more 1/8 scale tracks, and bashing venue's? Not sure whats up with my positive thinking this morning. Let me knock that off.....:rolleyes:

Anyone in Chico, CA want to make a cool $20 and help a fellow RC'er out? :p

They have the CC hardware I'm looking for, but in store only.

AMain Hobbies Retail Store
Chico Cross Roads Shopping Center
2065 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway
Chico, CA 95928
530-636-4082

I could provide a US address for shipping

Anyone in Chico, CA want to make a cool $20 and help a fellow RC'er out? :p

They have the CC hardware I'm looking for, but in store only.

AMain Hobbies Retail Store
Chico Cross Roads Shopping Center
2065 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway
Chico, CA 95928
530-636-4082

I could provide a US address for shipping
Is this the one you are after? If so, it says that it is in stock online.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...n5x-e_bWbGoneRt9psMm3ZGDC5eJYUsBoC4QwQAvD_BwE

You made my heart skip a beat! That's the 5 mm shaft...I'm looking for the 1/8" shaft model. Thanks for looking into that though!
Yeah I just noticed that and was going to update my post. Can you just get a pinion with a 5mm bore to get it to work? I'm sorry, I'm not that familiar with the Mega platform. Just trying to help you out.

Yeah I just noticed that and was going to update my post. Can you just get a pinion with a 5mm bore to get it to work? I'm sorry, I'm not that familiar with the Mega platform. Just trying to help you out.
The help is much appreciated. I've been thinking hard about that...the 5 mm bore with 48p teeth goes to a 17T minimum it seems. The smaller bore shaft would open up a lot more flexibility for 48p pinions so I don't have to muck with the spur gear.

I've got brushed replacement motors (one through warranty), and will try some heatsinks to see if that helps a bit until the stuff comes back in stock. Now that I know these brushed motors are delicate little flowers, I'll try to ease up on them a little more.

The help is much appreciated. I've been thinking hard about that...the 5 mm bore with 48p teeth goes to a 17T minimum it seems. The smaller bore shaft would open up a lot more flexibility for 48p pinions so I don't have to muck with the spur gear.

I've got brushed replacement motors (one through warranty), and will try some heatsinks to see if that helps a bit until the stuff comes back in stock. Now that I know these brushed motors are delicate little flowers, I'll try to ease up on them a little more.
I was worried about the minimum tooth count with the larger bore but didn't know. At the bottom of this page it says "This product is expected to arrive on Friday, June 22 2018." So maybe backorder it and get it in like 2-3 weeks hopefully?

Sorry I wasn't much help.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...ored-1410-motor-3800kv-cse010-0123-02/p618580

I was worried about the minimum tooth count with the larger bore but didn't know. At the bottom of this page it says "This product is expected to arrive on Friday, June 22 2018." So maybe backorder it and get it in like 2-3 weeks hopefully?

Sorry I wasn't much help.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...ored-1410-motor-3800kv-cse010-0123-02/p618580

I have the Sidewinder 4 on order at my local shop, which I think is slated for early July delivery, so I might just wait it out. Thanks!

Looks like the CC stock situation hasn't improved. Amain and Horizion both listed late June, early July deliveries, and now they are late July, early August. I guess they filled back-orders and possibly still didn't have enough left for new web sales.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back