Castle Drivers Ed Guide...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Why didn’t you guys tell me that Castle had Drivers Ed? I would have bought this MM2 a long time ago!! @Notorious J we might still have hope!!!!

CAB26659-7CCB-4A0A-8686-DF92A9DE2E16.jpeg

Why didn’t you guys tell me that Castle had Drivers Ed? I would have bought this MM2 a long time ago!! @Notorious J we might still have hope!!!!

View attachment 50864
We'll probably need an instructor remote to take control when things get a little sketchy and I am certain we all can agree...it will get sketchy!

Will Castle send you a certificate of completion once you successfully get through the guide? :cool:

Didn’t you post a video not long ago about jumping a little hill and breaking something in the process?

We'll probably need an instructor remote to take control when things get a little sketchy and I am certain we all can agree...it will get sketchy!

Will Castle send you a certificate of completion once you successfully get through the guide? :cool:
IFFFF I complete. If!

IFFFF I complete. If!
Not gonna lie, I heard @Notorious J had to complete it 5x and still found himself taking out trees and going for a swim. Also, he is still missing credits for the certificate. I say that to say...I can see your reluctance to crack it open!
Congrats on the purchase nonetheless!

Does it teach you how to land on your wheels? If so, I need to read mine.

The one thing that I love about Castle escs is that they always include a coupon for a free Castle link or highly discounted Castle link field card. I've got 2 field cards and like 4 regular Castle links just in case any of them stop working.

Does it teach you how to land on your wheels? If so, I need to read mine.

The one thing that I love about Castle escs is that they always include a coupon for a free Castle link or highly discounted Castle link field card. I've got 2 field cards and like 4 regular Castle links just in case any of them stop working.
I really should get a new field link lol
20170410_211003.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 50864
Not gonna lie, I heard @Notorious J had to complete it 5x and still found himself taking out trees and going for a swim. Also, he is still missing credits for the certificate. I say that to say...I can see your reluctance to crack it open!
Congrats on the purchase nonetheless!
You see, this explains it. I've never bought a Castle product, so I didn't receive the benefit of this manual. I got my lessons from "Gymnastics and Aquatics Rc" school. We started with cartwheels and eventually made it to the pool. I guess I should have been weary when I first signed up online.

One of my favorite features of the castle ESCs is the ability to build custom throttle and braking power curves. While high end radios do this also it never feels as good as when tuned from the ESC side.

Also drag brake is a life saver for a speed runner, if you loose radio coms with the car it will still stop ;)

throttle curve.JPG

One of my favorite features of the castle ESCs is the ability to build custom throttle and braking power curves. While high end radios do this also it never feels as good as when tuned from the ESC side.

Also drag brake is a life saver for a speed runner, if you loose radio coms with the car it will still stop ;)

View attachment 50910
I had to mess with that on my old HPI Blur F360C (MMv1). It's defaults were horrendous and with the firmware version I'm using, it didn't even have punch settings, but with the older version that had a punch setting, it chattered more and I couldn't adjust the servo voltage above 5.5V.

View attachment 50910
Great minds think alike. I was just thinking about this this morning. I was also thinking of disabling reverse and setting 50% brake on failsafe.

Great minds think alike. I was just thinking about this this morning. I was also thinking of disabling reverse and setting 50% brake on failsafe.
It is worth noting that your gear ratio will effect how this % feels.
When you are geared for speed your are reducing the torque by 50% or more. Traditional/factory gearing 30% braking might be plenty but with speed gearing you might need 50% or more. It usually takes me 2 to 3 settings test runs, before I find the correct one that I like.

I am working on using drag brake and not utilizing my brake on the TX ever again. In the past my attempts at braking from 100+mph with a bad view from 1000ft away often ends badly. It will be nice to let the ESC safely brake for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back