Limitless Castle esc and cap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's in sealed box and it comes with a Philip 6s pack , whatever that is??
What does that mean if I put in limitless with stock spectrum motor

It's in sealed box and it comes with a Philip 6s pack , whatever that is??
What does that mean if I put in limitless with stock spectrum motor
You can sure run it on 6s with the stocker motor no issues. Some even tried 8s with the stocker 2050 motor. And got good results. A proper motor fan(s) will be needed for sure. Using a Fan mount, with No Heat sink is best. Consider getting the CC Log data cable to access the data logs. Start off with 6s and get comfortable speed running this way. It will be plenty fast , trust me. You will nee a good radio for faster speeds. Need radio range or you will lose control easily and that spells carnage. Speed running carnage really costs $$. There's no room for error at high speeds. We all wrecked bad. You will also. Try to minimize the risk, and be smart about it.
Use the cap pack for sure. What brand is that? Philip? Could be a custom Cap pack. There are many boutique high quality Speed Runner Cap packs out there.
What voltage is the Cap pack rated for? 6s or 8s voltage. Can you read the caps them selves?
Usually the uF rating and volts are shown on each Capacitor.
I build my own Cap Packs now. A whole different topic.
Price looks great for that setup there. :cool:

Last edited:
You can sure run it on 6s with the stocker motor no issues. Some even tried 8s with the stocker 2050 motor. And got good results. A proper motor fan(s) will be needed for sure. Using a Fan mount, with No Heat sink is best. Consider getting the CC Log data cable to access the data logs. Start off with 6s and get comfortable speed running this way. It will be plenty fast , trust me. You will nee a good radio for faster speeds. Need radio range or you will lose control easily and that spells carnage. Speed running carnage really costs $$. There's no room for error at high speeds. We all wrecked bad. You will also. Try to minimize the risk, and be smart about it.
Use the cap pack for sure. What brand is that? Philip? Could be a custom Cap pack. There are many boutique high quality Speed Runner Cap packs out there.
What voltage is the Cap pack rated for? 6s or 8s voltage. Can you read the caps them selves?
Usually the uF rating and volts are shown on each Capacitor.
I build my own Cap Packs now. A whole different topic.
Price looks great for that setup there. :cool:
Phillip jolly pack is what it's called

I want a deal like that! Any more where that came from?

Xlx2 has 8mm female bullet connectors. Most motors are 6.5 mm so you may need an adapter

FWIW, the XLX2 doesn't need a cap pack. It does just fine without it. The ripple voltage is really low as it comes out of the box. I'm not saying you can't use one or shouldn't but, strictly speaking, it's really not necessary. Sweet deal you got there (or should I say steal?)!! (y)

Phillip jolly pack is what it's called
Got ya.
I did realize that earlier.
PJ is up there with Custom Cap packs no doubt. Well known.

@Jester194 , You may find that Ripple volts will be low anyway with the XLX2. Not even needing a Cap pack. Try without one first.
Need access to the data logs to know for sure. Not needing one will simplify things and keep the chassis lean and mean.
Ripple data should be below 10% of the lipo packs charged voltage. When Ripple is higher, you should add a cap pack. This would bring Ripple down, within limits if you run a "Good" Cap pack.
XLX2's are very efficient this way without a cap pack. And usually way below 10% ripple. Much depends on the motor and gearing setup. Even Raz has omitted the Cap pack with some setups.

Last edited:
This is my next project... For my Lim.

20221123_174634.jpg

Is there anything I should do before putting it in limitless with stock motor and what will the difference be between stock esc and this

The stock 6s ESC Hits a Speed barrier. Amps max out. Limits power and speed.
The XLX2 is wide open for more amps. On 6s stock 2050kv motor, will be super fast.

Cool, it should be here Saturday so I'll keep updated, I may need some advise on setup... Thanks

That was a great deal! the cap pack is a Ripple killer if its mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back