Limitless Castle esc and motor combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get the castle 1717 mmx8 or just the esc, I have the stock spectrum 150 amp esc that would come in a Typhon now.. I also have a Typhon and talion and don't know if the esc combo would fit in those if anything happens to limitless.... Advise would be greatly appreciated...

I'd probably use the spectrum that comes in them stk unless that's not a good idea...
My goal is just for street/park racing around

Can't go wrong with the MMX8S. Whether you use the Castle motor or some other brand I think it's the best all around ESC you can get. You can bash it, you can speed run it up to a certain point (then you're gonna need an XLX2), it durable enough if you wanna jump with it...it does just about everything well. It can handle the high current needed for performance motors like TP and Cordova and it'll wake up a lesser motor like the the Hobbywings and even the stock motors. I have 5 of them and IMHO it's the best for anything between 4S and 6S. You can go 8S without issues but an XLX2 might be better if you getting into serious speed running.

The 1717 is an awesome motor cause it gives a lot of wiggle room for gearing and doesn't heat up too bad. It will fit in both the Typhon and the Talion. The Hobbywing equivalent (4985-1650KV) is also great. The MMX8S is the key though cause it really doesn't matter what motor you use. I hooked a Hobbywing 4274 2200KV up to it and it made the motor noticeably better than when using it with a Max8 combo it came with. I've hooked TPs and Cordovas to the MMX8S and they both worked great. With any motor the emphasis should be on your gearing and your mesh but the MMX8S is a beast. I'd start with that and experiment with different motors (budget allowing) from there.

I have the MMX 8s and 1717 1650 motor in my Kraton 6s. It's an awesome combo: the motor without a fan doesn't get above 128F after 20 minutes of full throttle runs in low 80 degrees weather, and I can do 360-degree backflips from a standing start in grass.

I ordered the castle combo last night, do I need anything else with it, there was something about a programming cable or something but not sure what they mean

I ordered the castle combo last night, do I need anything else with it, there was something about a programming cable or something but not sure what they mean
You may need a longer sensor cable. I’d recommend a “direct connect” sensor cable made by Castle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back