Limitless Castle esc and motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Max6 with 1650kv on the V1 Limitless is fine. 23T pinion fits when you use a file.

On the V2 you'll have some heat problems with the Max6 1650kv combo. Stock Spur is 39. Smallest pinion on V2 is 33T when you file a bit. 34T fits right away. On 4s you'll be at 133km/h with 34T. The Max6 ESC will shut down when you do some parking lot bashing. You need to find a 46T spur to get the speed down so the Max6 ESC can handle the heat. For a basher the Max5 ESC is more durable. For high speed runs you'll have to look at Mamba.

Max6 with 1650kv on the V1 Limitless is fine. 23T pinion fits when you use a file.

On the V2 you'll have some heat problems with the Max6 1650kv combo. Stock Spur is 39. Smallest pinion on V2 is 33T when you file a bit. 34T fits right away. On 4s you'll be at 133km/h with 34T. The Max6 ESC will shut down when you do some parking lot bashing. You need to find a 46T spur to get the speed down so the Max6 ESC can handle the heat. For a basher the Max5 ESC is more durable. For high speed runs you'll have to look at Mamba.
I ended up getting the mamba x8s with the 1717 1650 motor

I started the process of trading in the stock Spektrum ESC that came with my Fireteam for a discount towards an MMX 8s ($132+shipping). Unfortunately, they said the Firma 150 was an 1/8 scale ESC and I could only trade up to a 1/6 scale. The XLX2 is considered a 1/5 scale so it wasn't an option :(

Thanks for telling us about this program. I never would have known about it if not for this thread.

I started the process of trading in the stock Spektrum ESC that came with my Fireteam for a discount towards an MMX 8s ($132+shipping). Unfortunately, they said the Firma 150 was an 1/8 scale ESC and I could only trade up to a 1/6 scale. The XLX2 is considered a 1/5 scale so it wasn't an option :(

Thanks for telling us about this program. I never would have known about it if not for this thread.
What number did you call ? And does it have to be damage?

I first confirmed the program exists via the chat option available on their site. Then I just started a tier 2 non-warranty replacement on the site (https://home.castlecreations.com/nonwarranty-rma).

Fill in the information and when you select "Car/Truck" at the bottom, the list of ESC's and motors will appear along with the prices. Pick the one you want but just make sure you're not going more than one scale step higher than what you'll be sending in. Click submit and then download the RMA PDF that is generated. Ship your old ESC back and they will contact you when they are ready for payment.

I've sent in 2 burned up ESCs for upgrades without a problem including a Tekin Rx8 that was missing a couple of posts that I purchased off of ebay for 20 bucks....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back