Limitless Castle esc and motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
So I purchased a esc online and it fell through so I'm looking into and esc motor combo from castle for limitless, what would you guys recommend, I'd like to keep the esc location of where the spectrum one is so I know that limits me.. is mamba x 8s decent and what motor would go well with it, I'm running 6s and not so much speed running just racing around on streets

MMX8s will fit in the stock location. The 1717 will work great with it on 6s. That being said I’ll tell you about my personal experience. I ran that combo when I first got into speed running. Worked great on a bunch of 8s passes. I ended up retiring that car into a street basher and geared it way down accordingly. After some 8s sessions the Kevlar wrap on the rotor let go and the motor was toast. Castle replaced it free of charge. My point is, on 6s for street bashing you should be just fine. I’ll also add that I’m not the first person who’s 1717 did that.

MMX8s will fit in the stock location. The 1717 will work great with it on 6s. That being said I’ll tell you about my personal experience. I ran that combo when I first got into speed running. Worked great on a bunch of 8s passes. I ended up retiring that car into a street basher and geared it way down accordingly. After some 8s sessions the Kevlar wrap on the rotor let go and the motor was toast. Castle replaced it free of charge. My point is, on 6s for street bashing you should be just fine. I’ll also add that I’m not the first person who’s 1717 did that.
No sir you definitely wasn’t.
I’ve killed 2 1717 1650kv from trial and error and Kevlar

Sorry , one more question. Will the stk spectrum motor handle the castle esc in case I just get esc for now, kinda tapped out from Christmas... And will it be worth just putting in the esc without the motor

I'm now thinking hobbywing but not sure the combo for that I should get , Id like to keep costs down

I’ve been looking for a while to find a deal on a MMX8s myself. Tower has a deal with so much off purchases over $200. I think Amain is $20 off purchases over $200.

If you decide to go with a max6 get it from Hobbywingdirect.com and use the promo code NERDTHENEWCOOL. A max6 combo is like $220 and a max6 by itself is $150ish.

I think you will always regret not putting a xlx2 in there, even if you have to mod a little to make it fit. Speed is addictive and whiles streetracing you will without a doubt want to go faster and faster...

Hobbywing just limits everything in regards of speed and the mmx8s does run hot when you push it.

You can call castle
Press button 2 for warranty and speak to Lynda and she can confirm the trade out. You’re limited to trading up one class. ie, you can’t trade out a 1/10 scale esc for an xlx2. Lynda is pretty nice and she can talk you through the process.

Or you just go to the castle website and do a tier 2 warranty claim, fill it out and send it in. Once they receive your esc you will receive a confirmation email and if your desired esc is in stock, they will ask for payment and then they ship.

You can call castle
Press button 2 for warranty and speak to Lynda and she can confirm the trade out. You’re limited to trading up one class. ie, you can’t trade out a 1/10 scale esc for an xlx2. Lynda is pretty nice and she can talk you through the process.

Or you just go to the castle website and do a tier 2 warranty claim, fill it out and send it in. Once they receive your esc you will receive a confirmation email and if your desired esc is in stock, they will ask for payment and then they ship.

I wasnt aware of this either.

So if I have a spectrum 6s line ESC, I can trade up to an XLX2?
What sort of credit does this give you against the MSRP of $269.95

Castle has traded up but with castle products I’m mad you know how many firmas I’ve sent to HH I could of had the xlx2 I’ve been wanting!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back