Castle esc callibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abraksan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon TLR
I am thinking i did it correctly. But the throttle and the reverse/brake are reversed. And there is a solid orange light.

Did i do something wrong wiringwise?

I have the mamba monster x6s esc and the castle mamba monster x 2200kv sensored motor. And using a Flysky GT5.

When i use the throttle the esc light blinks green.
When i use reverse the light blinks red.

Last edited:
You need to reverse the motor direction - you can do it via the programming card or there’s another way to do it through the transmitter but it’s pretty cumbersome (in my opinion) - doing it via the software from a computer lets you set other things easily like BEC voltage, throttle and brake profiles, logging, etc

Been there, done that twice. To properly change motor rotation you need to use either the Castle Link (USB) or the Castle B Link (Bluetooth). IIRC, I wasn't able to use the transmitter to change motor direction: that's one of the settings that you need to do by the Castle programmers.

Good to hear it is not just me. I have the castle b link so will use that. Thought that would not be a good solution if there is a mistake somewhere els.

Thx
That fixed it. So the solid yellow light in neutral is as it should be?

It blinks green with throttle and red with reverse. That also is normal?

Seems thats the normal lights 😃

Last edited:
Yes your colors are correct for the proper direction

I think we have all done this once , twice, or every time 😂

If you are planning on running multiple castle set ups I would advise to get the castle BT link it’s awesome for 55$

Yes your colors are correct for the proper direction

I think we have all done this once , twice, or every time 😂

If you are planning on running multiple castle set ups I would advise to get the castle BT link it’s awesome for 55$

I have the Bluetooth link. Worked wel. So much settings there 😃. Mabye bit to much 😅

I have the Bluetooth link. Worked wel. So much settings there 😃. Mabye bit to much 😅
It definitely can be overwhelming: I tend to stick with the more common settings myself. When it gets warmer, I may experiment with throttle, braking, and steering curves for my Kraton.

Been there, done that twice. To properly change motor rotation you need to use either the Castle Link (USB) or the Castle B Link (Bluetooth). IIRC, I wasn't able to use the transmitter to change motor direction: that's one of the settings that you need to do by the Castle programmers.

Supposedly motor direction is one of the options available in transmitter programming (Option #6) per the manual - but I just use the link and software…

https://dzf8vqv24eqhg.cloudfront.ne...ace/X_Series_Drivers_Ed_Guide_095-0290-00.pdf

E0468A42-D00E-4B0F-830F-39B3C4F34A15.jpeg

Supposedly motor direction is one of the options available in transmitter programming (Option #6) per the manual - but I just use the link and software…

https://dzf8vqv24eqhg.cloudfront.net/userfiles/4671/6540/ckfinder/files/Product Manuals/Surface/X_Series_Drivers_Ed_Guide_095-0290-00.pdf

View attachment 199825
I couldn't get that to work when I tried it on my Copperhead ESC on another vehicle: I got the free Castle USB Link, and I used it to correct the motor rotation on that vehicle. Because I already had the USB link, I didn't try using the transmitter option to program my MMX 8s.

You really need to dive into CC ESC settings. Ignoring this and you end up with issues out the gate. Poor or questionable performance. CC ESC's are great, but need a complete understanding of ALL its parameters. These are far from RTR ESC's. And their default ESC settings are not adequate 99% of the time.
CC B-link is a necessity, not an option.

You really need to dive into CC ESC settings. Ignoring this and you end up with issues out the gate. Poor or questionable performance. CC ESC's are great, but need a complete understanding of ALL its parameters. These are far from RTR ESC's. And their default ESC settings are not adequate 99% of the time.
CC B-link is a necessity, not an option.
I totally agree, especially about their default settings. Some of the default settings seem to be too much towards the side of caution rather than on the side of performance. Making just a few small changes can make a world of difference in how a RC vehicle performs. I've got my MMX 8s ESC dialed in fairly well, but I will be making changes when the weather gets warmer and I can test the changes in actual driving situations.

Yeah many Parameters just can't be evaluated on the bench at all.:)
I also don't run my fast bashers in the cold wet winter months. I am patient though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back