Castle ESC/Fly Sky Transmitter pairing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skids929

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
Ok, I fully admit I am some sort of dopey idiot...I can not get the Castle Mamba ESC to pair off with my Servo. Motor works, forward, neutral, reverse no issues. The issue I am experiencing is the steering turns fully right when I turn on the power, and doesn't respond to the wheel at all. Doen't turn, I tried messing with end points didn't see to respond.

I realize this may be a technical question but thought I'd see if anyone else has run into this with Castle ESCs. Maybe I need to repair it and start from scratch, not sure.

Any help is appreciated!

Can it turn left? Is the ESC and servo connection plugged into the receiver? Channel 1 is for turning servo, channel 2 is for ESC.

Also when you turn on the ESC, have the servo horn removed so the servo can center and then you install servo horn with the wheels straight.

After that, set your endpoints

Your problem is not with your ESC. I am probably 99.123456% sure.
Which Flysky do you have? It appears bound properly. Try calibrating the ESC to your remote again.

Check your Radio calibration instructions again.
FWIW, You didn't state if you recently changed out your servo or disconnected the servo arm.??? Did you? If so look more closely at the servo's arm position. I doubt that is problem however. IDK.

Last edited:
Agree with the above. Also check voltage and that your servo wires are the right way around in your receiver and in the right port - ch1 normally for steering. Castle outputs at 6v from factory but mine can go up to 8v which would ruin most of my servos.

Can it turn left? Is the ESC and servo connection plugged into the receiver? Channel 1 is for turning servo, channel 2 is for ESC.

Also when you turn on the ESC, have the servo horn removed so the servo can center and then you install servo horn with the wheels straight.

After that, set your endpoints

Thanks....I rechecked the connections last night and I have it correct, 1 to turn 2 to burn. I switched them briefly and the channel works because the throttle activated the servo left and right by hitting accellerate/reverse. Here's why I'd question what you're saying, it won't turn left at all! Thats what has me bewildered.

plug another servo in without mounting in the car and see if it responds. If it does then remove the servo arm from the car and see if the cars servo responds. If it does, center the trim and replace the arm with the wheels straight and rock on. If none of this works then try another receiver, radio, esc, without mounting. You can even try another cars with servo and radio gear with servo extensions...there’s only a couple variables it can be.

I just put the motor esc and servo in the truck. So it's a maiden voyage. I am going to try the suggestions here and report back. You guys might be on to something with the servo arm position.

^^^This.
I just put the motor esc and servo in the truck. So it's a maiden voyage. I am going to try the suggestions here and report back. You guys might be on to something with the servo arm position.
Remove the servo arm. While powered "ON" and St trim at neutral, see if the servo output shaft moves left to right. If it doesn't, the servo is bricked. If it does zero out(center your radio trim precisely), then place the arm back on keeping both front wheels straight. Screw down the arm and verify lock to lock Steering. Full L. and R. With no binding. You may have a bricked servo. You have to do this to know for sure. If it does fix the St issue, then you need to set your ST endpoints, so there is no servo stress ( servo is quiet) at extreme L and R travel.

Last edited:
^^^This.

Remove the servo arm. While powered "ON" and St trim at neutral, see if the servo output shaft moves left to right. If it doesn't, the servo is bricked. If it does zero out(center your radio trim precisely), then place the arm back on keeping both front wheels straight. Screw down the arm and verify lock to lock Steering. Full L. and R. With no binding. You may have a bricked servo. You have to do this to know for sure. If it does fix the St issue, then you need to set your ST endpoints, so there is no servo stress ( servo is quiet) at extreme L and R travel.

Ok so made some progress...Realized EP were down to zero and servo arm wasn't centered. Now that two things are corrected but I think I have to take apart the steering to adjust it into the servo arm so it will be aligned. Sigh...Appreciate all the help here.

Ok so made some progress...Realized EP were down to zero and servo arm wasn't centered. Now that two things are corrected but I think I have to take apart the steering to adjust it into the servo arm so it will be aligned. Sigh...Appreciate all the help here.
Taking apart the steering to adjust might not be needed unless you're talking about adjusting the tierods/turnbuckles?

Post some pics of your steering setup and tire alignment before you start taking apart stuff

Taking apart the steering to adjust might not be needed unless you're talking about adjusting the tierods/turnbuckles?

Post some pics of your steering setup and tire alignment before you start taking apart stuff

Got it all working! Thank you guys! Now I need to figure out how to turn the damn throttle sensitivity down! Punches too hard!

You made for one happy kid on Christmas morning, this is for my son, his first 3s truck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back