Castle ESC question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I'm about to order a Castle ESC and wanted to know which of the below add'ons I also need to order..??
I want to be able to hook it up to the pc and also make adjustments while I'm out and about, for telemetry on pc do you need any other cables.??..?

Which of these is the better option.??

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 07.46.39.jpeg

I'm about to order a Castle ESC and wanted to know which of the below add'ons I also need to order..??
I want to be able to hook it up to the pc and also make adjustments while I'm out and about, for telemetry on pc do you need any other cables.??..?

Which of these is the better option.??

View attachment 81418
You can get either the USB or the program card for free after purchase here in the US. Don’t know if that hold true for y’all over there. If I was buying one, it would be the Bluetooth link.

The B-Link(#1) allows you to change settings from your Android or iOS device. The app for both is still limited in functionality compared to the Windows version but we are working to bring all of the features to the App. The biggest exclusion is the mobile app currently can't download and view datalogs.

The Field Link Programmer(#2) allows you to change some settings away from a computer by following a pattern of button presses and lights. It also works as a USB device for Castle Link for Windows.

Castle Link v3(#3) is the normal USB Castle Link device and only works with the Windows software available on our website.

The Quick Connect(#5) and Quick Connect Duo(#4) allow you to use the USB Castle link(#3) or the Field Link Programmer(#2) in USB mode to connect to a Windows computer without unplugging the ESC's wire from the receiver. The Quick Connect Duo(4) is only needed over the regular Quick Connect(#5) if you are using it with an XLX. The Quick Connects do not work and is not needed with the B-Link.

As stated by JonDilly, there is a coupon included in the box of the ESC that will give you either a Castle Link V3 for free or a Field Link Programmer for $10. It ships free in the US, but international orders charge shipping. I don't know what it is off the top of my head. One downside of using the coupon is you have to wait till you have the ESC to get the coupon code and then order the Link and wait for that to come in. Also if you use the coupon, we do not include a USB cable in the package. The coupon is currently not usable for discount with the B-Link, but that might change in the future so hang on to it if you don't use it.

Silly question. What is your RX/TX?

I fiddled with CastleLink for years, but eventually moved all the settings I could to my RX(Futaba 4PLS - so pretty advanced) so I can adjust on the fly. Obliviously you can't change things like the Lipo cutoff voltage from the TX.

So by the sounds of it, the best option for me would be #2..??
Thx for the explanation

@robert@castle... When is the MMX8 going to be officially available in the UK..??
Hopefully soon if it isn't already. I know we got approval for European regulations from our CE test lab ~2 weeks ago. They passed all the tests so they should be legal to sell in Europe now. I think we announced to hobbyshops and distributors but I don't know when we are shipping them. There is a lot of paperwork and hoops to jump through to sell and ship to Europe.

Love Castle Link, so many program options, like custom curves for throttle and brake, drag the curve how you think you want it and save. Also need Windows connection for data log analysys, which helped me a lot in figuring out what gering to run in my Kraton. I have the field card, but I never use it. Mostly I have used the free little usb thing you get with the coupon in the box of the better ESCs. Field card also acts as a USB adapter, but bulky.

Silly question. What is your RX/TX?

I fiddled with CastleLink for years, but eventually moved all the settings I could to my RX(Futaba 4PLS - so pretty advanced) so I can adjust on the fly. Obliviously you can't change things like the Lipo cutoff voltage from the TX.
RX is a receiver.
TX is a transmitter.

You can't "move" settings to your Futaba 4PLS that the Castle Link can do AFAIK.
I've a Futaba 4PLS myself and although I agree it is pretty advanced I cannot adjust my XLX ESC nor any other Castle ESC through that transmitter. I know one of it's features is that it has an "ESC-Link" but it will only work with compatible Futaba ESC's.

I use a Castle Link V3 @BashingBrian when I am at home and recommend it highly. I've also the "Field Link Programmer" for when I am out and about with my cars but I've actually never used it. More there just for in case of emergency. ;)

@robert@castle thanks for letting me know about the Europe situation..??
One other question, why no Mac software..!! ? I don't do windows..?
I know there is a work around on a Mac but it's a real pain in the....
You should do a full blown version like the pc software for the iPad..!!

RX is a receiver.
TX is a transmitter.

You can't "move" settings to your Futaba 4PLS that the Castle Link can do AFAIK.
I've a Futaba 4PLS myself and although I agree it is pretty advanced I cannot adjust my XLX ESC nor any other Castle ESC through that transmitter. I know one of it's features is that it has an "ESC-Link" but it will only work with compatible Futaba ESC's.

I use a Castle Link V3 @BashingBrian when I am at home and recommend it highly. I've also the "Field Link Programmer" for when I am out and about with my cars but I've actually never used it. More there just for in case of emergency. ;)
Right! I was having a brain fart about rx tx ?

As for castle link. Yeah you can't move settings, but some are close like the power curve can be done with the futaba.

Still no stock of the MMX8 in the UK, but it's now listed on my LHS website..? (hopefully not long to wait now)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back